Fuel pump whining?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel pump whining?

I noticed a whining/squealing noise that is very faint but i can hear if i'm standing behind the car and was wondering if that is normal for the EGT's fuel pump? If not and i need to get another pump will the walbro pump be okay for a stock setup or will it flood the motor?!
    **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
    95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

normal. not even specific to the egt, my old lx wagon did that, as does my friend's 91 mustang.

you don't need a walbro for a stock setup.
    sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
    92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT
      normal. not even specific to the egt, my old lx wagon did that, as does my friend's 91 mustang.

you don't need a walbro for a stock setup.
      I know i don't need it but i was saying in the sense of say i have to replace the pump will the walbro 255 work with stock FPR, etc. and not overflood the motor?! But seeming that the whining is normal then i'll go back to not being paranoid about it!
      **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
      95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
        the stock EGT fuel pump *is* a walbro I think
        hrm, i dunno about that. my walbro and stock pump look pretty different. i'll check the old pump next time i work on the car and see if there's any indication who made it.

Originally posted by Tazman2
        I know i don't need it but i was saying in the sense of say i have to replace the pump will the walbro 255 work with stock FPR, etc. and not overflood the motor?! But seeming that the whining is normal then i'll go back to not being paranoid about it!
        i would imagine not, but since i don't know for certain, don't take my word for it :/
        sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
        92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Working...
        X