car (sort of) working! yay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car (sort of) working! yay!

FINALLY after replacing the O2 sensor and advancing timing and just in general messing with the car it KINDA runs....

problems still:
    1. it's still not pulling much vacuum, so when I push the pedal a little further it doesn't really wanna accelerate... bleh... gotta fix that
    2. I broke the speedo cable about a month ago when I was really pissed off at the car and yanked the uncooperative transmission off of the engine with my bare hands... the cable snapped... oops.
    3. the brakes don't work. This one's a biggie... Dunno if it's because the brake booster isn't working or if I'm leaking from my master cylinder or what, but it's gotta be fixed before I can drive it, duhhh

anyway.... it's getting closer, at least!
    Ask me about engine management!

have you tryed a compession test yet?? maybe your valves arent seating?? or cam timing is off??
    ok so this is what i have done to my car.... i have a mitsu te04h turbo miata header customized for a turbo... volvo intercooler, dsm bov, acufab adj. fuel pressure reg, stock injectors and maf, colder spark plugs narrowed gap, stock cat and 2.5" exhuast..... umm thats all that i can think of for now... pics coming soon

Comment

yeah I did..... 160 +/- 2 on all cylinders.... not perfect, but good enough.

I removed the head and cleaned all the lifters and checked their lash and they're fine... put on a brand new head gasket, loctited new head bolts and stuck em in there at torque spec. Made sure the timing was perfect....

I really have no idea what's going on. I hear the occaisional pop of fuel blowing up from my catalytic converter, so I know I've got some misfiring going on... I'm going to pull the spark plugs and clean em off... I'm sure they're fouled by now.

On the plus side, I got my brakes working (had to replace some hoses).

Comment

then it sounds like you have a massive vacuum leak or a sensor is unpluged!!
        ok so this is what i have done to my car.... i have a mitsu te04h turbo miata header customized for a turbo... volvo intercooler, dsm bov, acufab adj. fuel pressure reg, stock injectors and maf, colder spark plugs narrowed gap, stock cat and 2.5" exhuast..... umm thats all that i can think of for now... pics coming soon

Comment

congrats dood.... good luck on getting her all the way done.
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

ALMOST all the way done

anyway, I drove the car with my dad behind me 3 miles to my parents' trusted mechanic, who I've been talking to about my car for a while now... left the car there so he can work on it while I'm busy getting ready for work this weekend.

He says he'll be able to check it out on monday... hoping he can help me out.

Comment

Working...
            X