JDM BP whats different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM BP whats different

ok, after much financial (SP!) ups, and downs . im starting to level out and looking to begine the BP swap. i mailed out a money order for the ECU today to bugs, (my stupid as bank locked my account saying i need a different type of acoount for internet purchases). no my real question, i've noticed there is always the same company selling the JDM BP on e-bay http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/newt...newthread&f=12
    is there any differences to the BP besides intake mani and the valve cover?
    i know theres a guy around in the forum that has one , but for the life of me i cant find him! any imput on this will be much, much appreciated.
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

It's s 2nd gen BP.

Comment

hmm.. if i remember correctly it list 90-94 on the auction, lemme guess id need an obdII harness to run it

EDIT: i found 2 listings for this motor 90-94 and 95-98

if i change the intake mani and the sensors it should technically work, or is this a pipe dream?
      Last edited by MD323; 06-10-2005, 12:52 PM.
      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.

Comment

Better keep it straight forward and follow the well-known path. Get a 1st gen BP.

Comment

well after picking away at your swap thread(thanks for all the awsome pics by the way) i found the bpo5 engine code stamped on it, now im gonna do some more research when i get home but unless they changed any of the internals i should be able to yank the int, ext mani's distributor and such from a first gen and be good to go.

now the only reason im considering this is because i cant find a low mile first gen BP and this would be cheaper than a rebuild

any other opinions out there?
          -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Have you looked at this thread? http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16408

The author of that thread did not go into details relating to how he is running that engine. I don't know if he's using a 1st gen ECU or a 2nd gen ECU.

But what I can tell from that thread is that the 2nd gen intake manifold is better than the 1st gen one, and that if you get a 97+ BP you will have solid lifters.
            Last edited by Intruder; 06-11-2005, 03:42 AM.

Comment

THATS him!
              "i know theres a guy around in the forum that has one , but for the life of me i cant find him!"

thnx for the link, he's running a megasquirt stand alone, so the point is mute, i have found a gen comparison that im picking through plus i hope to find a gen 2 in the j/y to pick apart and compare
              -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

excellent, well good luck on the swap, and take plenty of pictures along the way.
                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

no doubt, man considering after all the searching i did and not turning up anything close to this swap. It would be selfish not to.
                  BTW is that a NSX behind you in your sig?
                  -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Originally posted by MD323
                    BTW is that a NSX behind you in your sig?
                    It sure is.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                      It sure is.

-Thomas A. Edison

Comment

his sn is Pirana off the MSprotege.com board.... he is a local along with quite a few other 3rd gen guys... I am really the black sheep of the group seeing as I am the only 1st gen aside from the seafoam green one 6 cars down on the left side. (He doesnt post here, and wont join, trust me I have tried)

The rest are really nice guys. The 6th car down on the right is owned by TXMazdaspeed on here... its a z5, but its still a nice car. He also owns the blue 3rd gen on the other side of the 2nd gen.
                        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by MD323
                          ...he's running a megasquirt stand alone, so the point is mute, i have found a gen comparison that im picking through plus i hope to find a gen 2 in the j/y to pick apart and compare
                          why does running megasquirt make the point moot? It only cost about $150 and it's a hell of a lot better than the VAF our cars came stock with IMHO.
                          '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                          '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                          '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                          '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                          '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                          '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by lscrx
                            why does running megasquirt make the point moot? It only cost about $150 and it's a hell of a lot better than the VAF our cars came stock with IMHO.
                            im reffering to placing a a obdII engine in a OBDI car using the stock harness
                            and was hoping he had done the same, but since he's using a stand alone the point is moot(yeah english is not my strong point ).

im still gonna try it out still on the list to buy:
                            motor
                            tranny
                            gen 1 intake
                            gen 1 exhaust
                            ECU-in proccess
                            -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Working...
                            X