X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piggy back systems are for suckaz.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

naw, not when the people using it are faster than you! And also standalones are overkill sometimes. You can tune with an afc and a dyno and not spend 1000 bucks on a haltech. Now that i know of megasquirt i may consider it in the future. But tellin someone you need a standalone is a lie. As a matter of fact you dont even need an afc or standalone you can tune with your vaf. Miata guys do it all the time. Its a matter of preference.

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

Comment

cool, I learned a couple of things since I am doing the same project. Would it be better to change the rods to gtx rods or b6t rods?? Or what kind of boost will the stock bp05 rods hold?
        1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Denis
          With out some kind of timming controller kiss that motor good bye.

'99 Miata - Begi manifold, T3, 2.5'' exhaust, ebay fmic, 460cc injectors, megasquirt, LC1, and toyota coil on plug conversion..

Comment

Originally posted by mikeflys1

lol agreed

i personally am running the bp55 ecu, and when i get the itchy finger to boost the boost ill be running an afc to ensure proper fuel delivery at about 14-15 psi on my usdm bp motor. i see no need to run a full standalone when my ecu provides everything i need... why take away the one thing that makes my daily driver run like a daily driver.
            There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

Hmm I don't know why I havn't found this yet, The SAFC II is awesome. After a month or two you will be a pro with tuning . But you do need a timing setup to retard the timing. I just got my MSD look a like so if you want to PM me i'll keep ya updated.

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
              Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

Working...
              X