No announcement yet.

F-Tranny on BP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would suggest leaving your flywheel stock and watch your engine braking.

everyone gets different mileage out of their tranny but don't be in a hurry to ram it into gear and torque it up, you might be fine.
    gotta give it a go anyway - right?

we can't say it won't work on your car until it doesn't.....

Comment

I figure I might as well run on the F tranny for a while then go to the G tranny once turbo is added, or after the F series detonates.

One important quesstion:
      If I bought a lightened flywheel for the F series tranny, would it bolt up to the G series?

I dont think that I would invest in something as expensive as a flywheel only to have to buy another one when I switch trannys.

Supposedly from what I believe, all that is different is the casing on the F series is weaker, gears have a taller final drive, it as only 22 splines, and the G has 23. Anyone know of any other differences?
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
        I figure I might as well run on the F tranny for a while then go to the G tranny once turbo is added, or after the F series detonates.

One important quesstion:
        If I bought a lightened flywheel for the F series tranny, would it bolt up to the G series?

ok i am about to do the same thing as you. only i am dropping in a BP onto my existing sohc platform. a lightened flywheel, will mean more stress on your transmission. and the flywheels are different between the dohc and the sohc, but you dont need to swap the flywheel. everything will bolt up. Cablemirc has done the oppisite swap adn put a G on a sohc and is a good source of infomation.

I dont think that I would invest in something as expensive as a flywheel only to have to buy another one when I switch trannys.

Supposedly from what I believe, all that is different is the casing on the F series is weaker, gears have a taller final drive, it as only 22 splines, and the G has 23. Anyone know of any other differences?
        I think that is about it for differences...
        When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
        Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
        Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
        So his engine he goosed
        With much too much boost,
        And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

sweetness. If that is it, then I will try it and find out for sure. Only way to know is to try.

Comment

Is there even a difference between the 1.8 and the 1.6 flywheel/clutch
            I am also curious about this. I am using the 1.6L SOHC flywheel and 1.6L SOHC ACT clutch and the 1.6L SOHC tranny on my BP protege lx engine. I just got the clutch so I figure when i swap to the protege lx tranny i can use the 1.6L sohc flywheel and clutch pressure plate. Heres the catch! Just use a 1.8L Dohc clutch disc to be able to slide in the tranny spline and use the 1.6L SOHC pressure plate. I hope you know what I mean.

Comment

yeah I follow.

Good advice, thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
              X