miata stroker kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

miata stroker kit

i heard somwhere that they make a stroker kit for the miata. is this true? if so can you still boost?

ok let me refrase that question.

if this was instaled in the protege how much boost can it hold? will any work have to be done with the head? i think it was said to go from a 1.8 to a 2.0 or 2.2 i cant remember. i'll look for it.
    Last edited by Turpro; 09-24-2005, 10:29 PM.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Flyin' Miata is the world leader in Miata performance and well-engineered, proven Miata MX5 components. We offer parts for a full range of Mazda Miata, MX5 and Eunos Roadsters vehicles.

found it
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

lol, read the site... they link to a stroked Miata with 12 PSI on it.

They mention going as far as possible w/o compromising safety so you should be fine. I wouldn't run a t3/t4 or something huge, but a GTX or other small turbo should be fine.

3 grand is alot though. You could be faster with a bigger turbo and what not.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

I would buy this kit if they sold it in a 2mm overbore and 11:1 CR. It would give you a 2.1L engine, ready to rock and roll.

Comment

^^^ right over my head
          1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

Originally posted by Gen1GT
            I would buy this kit if they sold it in a 2mm overbore and 11:1 CR. It would give you a 2.1L engine, ready to rock and roll.
            Originally posted by the site
            We will be offering the pistons in a 9:1 compression ratio. If you are interested in an 11:1 version for naturally aspirated use, please let us know.
            lol, almost both
            1995cc, why do you want to go to 2.1L, greater potential for power I assume?

Comment

Actually, a 85mm bore and 89mm stroke would only equal 2020cc, not 2050+cc. But anyways, 2020cc would give your 125hp engine, 137hp over the stock 1839cc, all else being equal. Lets say I were to install that stroker kit, I'd have 137whp and 127lb-ft of torque with no other change. I'd probably have more than that because of the unshrouding of the valves.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen1GT
                Actually, a 85mm bore and 89mm stroke would only equal 2020cc, not 2050+cc. But anyways, 2020cc would give your 125hp engine, 137hp over the stock 1839cc, all else being equal. Lets say I were to install that stroker kit, I'd have 137whp and 127lb-ft of torque with no other change. I'd probably have more than that because of the unshrouding of the valves.

even closer to that 200 whp eh?

Comment

lol, maybe in another 10 grand
                  Joe H
                  2000 Chevy Impala
                  3400 3.4 Liter V6
                  Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
                  U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
                  Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

Originally posted by Vash00es
                    lol, maybe in another 10 grand
                    nah 6-7 like your 1st estimate.

Comment

If you think about it, 3 grand is not that much to have a new, 2.0L platform to build from. Think about what it would cost to by a different car with a 2.0L engine. I say if you have the money and you really like the 1st gen pro, then it is a good move. As soon as my engine goes I am going to rebuild with this kit. That is the only way my wife would let me spend the money. I might be able to speed things up by running my turbo lean. I want the 9:1 pistons and 84.5 mm bore so that I can still turbo.
                      Back in BG business.

Comment

I think the stroker kit, with 99 miata solid lifters and cams would be one sweet ass ride.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                          I think the stroker kit, with 99 miata solid lifters and cams would be one sweet ass ride.
                          thats what i was thinking about,along with the t4 that sits in the closet right now
                          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Yeah, what you have to remember, is that this kit comes with the crank, rods and pistons. A built bottom end would cost you $1500 to start with, so I believe the extra displacement is worth the $1500 on its own.

1995cc would still give you 135hp to start with, so any mods and/or boost will be that much more effective.

Comment

If I was on the search for ridiculous power levels, where I was considering more displacement, I'd be looking at swapping in either a FE3 or K series.
                              "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                              -93 MR2, 129 ES
                              ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                              Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Working...
                              X