Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have dyno proven results in a N/A miata...., seemed to make a big difference im my EGT.

Comment

Rob posted his results on another forums

didnt appear to work for him, thats not to say it hasnt worked for others
      or maybe the others are not sharing 1 vital bit of info to make it work

ive still got no shed atm and this N/A motor with the ExhaustINT isnt going ahead just yet ..more delays

i'll be on the dyno and doing compression tests with BP22 cams, BP05/06 combo's to see what happens , then i'll EhaustINT it with what i have, Gen1 gen2 cams..etc

im guessing the timings out for Robs astina and its just blown'n out the cyl
      then again
      Carl (al4spn) had the same issues when he switch to a N/A head & BP26 cams, made no power and wouldnt boost upto 18psi anymore..swapped back to BP26 head, problem solved

just luck i guess?

1996 ST205 Toyota Celica GT4 | 1991 BG 323 Astina GT, BP N/A 138WHP *Gone*.
      1990 BG Ford Laser S (jdm), soon to be 220whp KL-ZE track hack

Comment

Originally posted by dave0r View Post
        Rob posted his results on another forums

didnt appear to work for him, thats not to say it hasnt worked for others
        or maybe the others are not sharing 1 vital bit of info to make it work

ive still got no shed atm and this N/A motor with the ExhaustINT isnt going ahead just yet ..more delays

i'll be on the dyno and doing compression tests with BP22 cams, BP05/06 combo's to see what happens , then i'll EhaustINT it with what i have, Gen1 gen2 cams..etc

im guessing the timings out for Robs astina and its just blown'n out the cyl
        then again
        Carl (al4spn) had the same issues when he switch to a N/A head & BP26 cams, made no power and wouldnt boost upto 18psi anymore..swapped back to BP26 head, problem solved

just luck i guess?
        yeah it all sounds good on paper , more lift and duration when dialled in should net results , i just havent seen any yet that prove to myself its worth doing
        BF 323 wagon, 360whp(dyno dynamics) 12.20@127mph

Comment

my car seems to have no issues, its beyond my comprehension.
          just for clairification rob used the turbo exhintanke version, the NA version is dyno prooven with graphs to show gains.
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

i agree,, it appears to work well with N/A builds

im guessing in a BP26 ExhaustINT setup the overlap may be too much all between the cams

id thought that adjustable cam gears would help over come this, but Rob has these...

oh well

Comment

that thought is incorrect. the whole point of the turbo version is that you keep the GTX cam overlap.

While the NA version increases NA duration from 19° to 21°

I think im going out to take a damn picture of MY CAR/cam gears @ TDC & post it in the proper thread about it.
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Probably a good idea man. Seems a lot of pl are getting misinformation. Cause all the numbers work on paper and apparently a few cars.
                Drew
                '95 EGT 1.8
                T
                '93 ELX 1.9 SC
                '91 ELX 1.9

Comment

BUMP!!! updated with pics.

Comment

Could some one post a picture of where i should mark the New cam gear for the cam? to base tune it, as for im using the stock cam gear for now, and wont be uprading to the Adj cam gears for a bit, but want a little bit more power!

Comment

Mazda protege 91 dx

I need to know if this car is 1.5L or 1.8L because ppl say there are both of em, i need to know plz

Comment

Originally posted by jm_2000pr View Post
                        I need to know if this car is 1.5L or 1.8L because ppl say there are both of em, i need to know plz
                        90-94 1.8l dohc bp05
                        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Or would his be a 1.8L SOHC B8 since the title on the post said 91 dx? Either way it's a 1.8L for sure.

Comment

dx=B8 sohc

Comment

Ok we talk about 8 to 10 HP - but what about torque?
                              Last edited by Roadrunner163; 10-02-2007, 08:01 AM.

Comment

rigth'o

this ExhInt mod this isnt working for me yet!! 138whp..it doesnt really feel it after driving it for 2 weeks

im using a BP05 exhaust cam from the BP22 engine on the inlet
                                yet the car makes NO power like it used too (this thing used to have mega power!

my question is

are you US people using a BP06 cam from a USDM
                                or a BP06 cam from a JDM

the last thing i want to do is swap out the BP05 cam and put my BP06 JDM cam in to find its no better !

it looks good on paper and you US people have dyno results to show it works..but i never really saw the USDM or JDM bits ..

any help cheers
                                as tomorrow im taking the cam out ...yet again...and putting in the JDM BP06 exhINT cam.

if it doesnt work then im putting the BP22 inlet cam in...

Comment

Working...
                                X