Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well im going to try this, since i know my friend Josh did this successfully. I'll be getting him to help me if i run into any issues.

JACK.
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Hey all that looks like mine....hehe WAIT it is lol
      My baby 93' Protege Lx--R.I.P
      New Baby 94' Protege Lx Black
      91' Miata - SOLD
      93' Protege LX new Project (no rust)!
      Mods: Protege:
      Engine: Fully built with wiseco 9:1 +1mm ceramic coated tops and molly skirts, M-tuned H beams, ACL Race rod and thrust bearings with King Mains, Arp Mains ,rod and head studs,3 lbs lightend crank, Everything is ballanced, spec stage 3 clutch,lightend flywheel, RX7 Afm, Fidanza Adj. cam gears, timing,Cut intake manifold from BPT323, exintake cam swap,full port and polished head 1mm stainless oversize valves, vf12/vj20Turbo, 3" custom full exhaust w/external wastegate,3" E-Cut, Eclipse crushed BOV , Fmic, Aem Urgo wideband, Autometer boost gauge, Magnaflo Muffler,batt relocated to trunk, slight wire tuck with engine bay fuse box under dash Bp26 ecu
      Suspension: Energy Suspension rear trailing arms,Es Front Sway bar endlinks,Zx2 Front Sway Bar,El Sport w/bilstein mono tube struts and don't know what springs, Suspension Tequniques Rear Sway bar with Es endlinks,mx3 rear lower tie bar. corksport SS brakelines and clutch line.
      Exterior: Adler Racing 16"s ,Mx6 Front lip,EGT Glass Sunroof,Edm Headlight & corners EGT side skirts,Gt Led wing, Led interior 3rd brake light
      Audio: few things polk momo 6.5 components, VW Monsoon Front Componants with monsoon amp,alpine head unit
      sigpic

Comment

Wow, I can't believe peeps in NZ did my exhintake too! That's awesome. To anyone who tried and failed...the best way is really with an adjustable cam gear and dyno time...

Comment

^ Gen1GT long time no postage..... has all been well?
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Yeah, it's been a while. I still have Protege, but it's sitting in my garage; my daily driver is a 2006 Mazda6 Wagon (loaded of course ). I'm going to rebuild the Protege from the ground up, the way I wanted to from the beginning. That'll be a few years away, since I've gotten married and started a family...

Comment

congrats!! & im glad to see your still around with the protege
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

I just re-read this entire thread. There appeared to have been some confusion with what position to set the cam at. I originally said, "180° then 3 teeth to the left." We later mentioned, "Turn the cam 180° then 3 teeth clockwise."

I think anyone who had this mod fail, had set their cam 3 teeth to the right. If you take the cam, flip it 180°, then count 3 teeth to the left, then rotate the cam so that tooth is straight up, then you just rotated it 3 teeth clockwise. I see where the confusion is, and this is probably why there are people whom got it wrong.

Remember, counting 3 teeth to the left, is the same thing as turning it 3 teeth clockwise!

Comment

I just read through most of this post and didn't see, but will this mod help boosted cars at all? It looked like they were all N/A cars.

Comment

Ryan will have to answer that.

Comment

Turbo exhintake version: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22647

i'll do a few true dyno comparisons very soon with the following:
                      NA cams+ boost
                      NA exhintake cam system+ boost
                      Turbo exhintake cam system+ boost
                      Turbo cams + boost
                      on a gtx ecu with external wastegate so as no other constants can get in the way.

Comment

Sweet, thanks. I'm using N/A cams right now, so if I do this mod I'll try to do the GTX exhintake with N/A exhaust. That sounds like the best option.

Comment

From what I've read, this mod will only help USDM N/A cars. I think NZlanders are out of luck on this as the bp22 cam is aggressive enough as it is
                          -Dennis
                          95 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 - 191k miles

I'll be back in the BG game eventually!

Comment

yip BP22 cam(and engine) is much better than the stock BP inlet cam, but its still not the same duration as the ExhaustInt mod.

Id do it again, but have moved on to KL-ZE.......for now

Made a decent amount of power, but Rob80 didnt get the results " promised" on his turbo setup, and i got " DynoPower" but NO pull really, stock and aftermarket ECU gave exactly the same results

im sure i just needed cam gears and even more dyno time

1996 ST205 Toyota Celica GT4 | 1991 BG 323 Astina GT, BP N/A 138WHP *Gone*.
                            1990 BG Ford Laser S (jdm), soon to be 220whp KL-ZE track hack

Comment

Just picked up a pair of Fly'in Miata cam gears and hacked an extra exhaust cam...gonna do it any day now.

An important point mentioned that might have an effect on those who tryed this mod and failed... reset the computer once the cam is installed
                              Last edited by CBlaze; 02-17-2010, 11:54 PM.
                              '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
                              Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

Short video of car running. VVVV

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Well this thread was very helpful and i got the cam in with no problem. I used corksport cam gears and that made this real easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X