Motorola Cup cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorola Cup cams

I was also doing a search and came across a few people discussing the Boig Motorola Cup cams and some of his parts. has anyone ever hear of him or where i might be able to find out more info.?

thanks
    CJ

CJ, I emailed a miataforum member to get a quote on the cams about ~6 months ago, but never got one (he replied that he would get back to me after talking to Bob, but never did). All I know is that Bob Boig designed them, there are/were several profiles available (from 'street' to 'race'), and that they were *expensive*.

Depending on what you're looking for, there a few good choices out there. Cup cams being one of them.

For my HLA ~7500 rpm street motor, if I was to spend the money on a new set of cams - I personally would probably go with the Tomei's. If I wanted a little more hp up top, I would consider even getting and running with 2 of their exhaust cams....

If you want a set of high hp cams for a solid lifter high revving BP, then Webcam 515's (NOT 505's) might be the ticket... They come with a bad idle, bad mid-range, but evidently GOOD hp potential up top (for a BP). Toda's are an option as well.....

Then there's www.elgincams.com who seems to know their stuff, Sunbelt cams, etc
    Last edited by naprotejay; 01-25-2006, 09:50 PM.
    Original owner: 1991 Protege LX (now w/SOHC) and a few more BG's ....

Comment

thanks naprotejay, I was just really curious about the cams and how i might find out information about his stuff because ive seen stuff about his headers and other parts too. I read about some of his stuff on cardomain from a guy that has a GT3 miata.

thanks

Comment

How much are Tomei's and do you have any specs on them? i need something with good midrange-top end , low end isnt that important to I just need something with some pull but stock characteristics.

thanks
        CJ

Comment

I don't know any specs, but Ive heard nothing but good about Elgin Cams.....
          Eat ****.

Comment

i looked up the tomei cams and they are VERY expensive so it looks like those might be out of the question. there is still other options im just looking for something proven in the mid-high range

thanks
            CJ

Comment

I can hook you up with some 0.362" lift cams.
              92 323 with BP DOHC
              ported/polished head, regrinded cams, JUN adjustable cam gears, ported AFM, ported/knife edged intake manifold.

N/A project dropped.

Comment

what kind of performance mike would those give over running to stock exhaust cams?

and i sent you a message.

CJ

Comment

^^^^^ anyone know what kind of performance a .362 cam would give over stock?

Comment

where does the exhaust cam place the powerband and how much power is expected.
                    93 protege lx 190k, stick, girlie green

Comment

Working...
                    X