E-brake guage light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-brake guage light?

Hey, my ebrake guage warning light comes on every once and a while. I think its probably indicating low fluid, brake, or maybe powersteering. It happens when i acclerate hard, sometimes turning will make it go off. I know i could probably look under the hood and see if they are low but i'm mostly curious about the light. Thanks for the help.

low brake fuild, mine did it during accel. the next time i did a tune up i found the master cylinder was low, filled it, hasn't done it since
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by 1967cutlass
      Hey, my ebrake guage warning light comes on every once and a while. I think its probably indicating low fluid, brake, or maybe powersteering. It happens when i acclerate hard, sometimes turning will make it go off. I know i could probably look under the hood and see if they are low but i'm mostly curious about the light. Thanks for the help.
      If its the light for you E-brake on the insterment cluster it could be as simple as adjusting your e-brake switch on your e-brake under the concil under between your seats.
      Speed Is Nothing Without Control.

Comment

it was my brake fluid too
        ClubProtege

Comment

Could be a loose e-brake wire in the center console, but chances are its low brake fluid. The question is why it is low; do you have a leak some place? Anyway, it's an easy check just pop the hood and see where the level is on the side of the master cylinder reservoir. Also, if your car is anything like mine the reservoir will be coated in a film of grease/oil which makes reading it pretty difficult. Take a rag or paper towel to it so you can clearly see were the line really is.
          2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Brake fluid low... had the same "problem"
            One day you are born,
            The next big milestone
            you discover go zoom-zoom
            you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

Originally posted by 1967cutlass
              The brake fluid is likely low, if you find no leak I would advise you to also check the brake pads. As the Pad wears the fluid level goes down,the reason for this is the piston moves farther out in the bore as the pads rear down, and if it is low enough to light the warning light your pads are toast or close to it.

Pat.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X