No announcement yet.

Gettin my car to 15s!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one of the big problems of protege is the weight..reduce it and you will see some REALLY gains.

miata pistons are good mod..head work too.

the stock ecu is other of the big problems that have the protege.

Comment

yeah all seriousness use a very good mazda specific place if u can to do the tuning and when doing ur intercooler use athe shortest path possible
      i is dumb

Comment

??? mazda specific??? :dunno:

and there is a theory that a slightly longer intake pipe might see a gain in torque. All things concidered i think the path for the intake and FMIC is pretty set not too much you can do there, unless of course you choose to run piping behind the engine, which is just retarded.
        When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
        Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
        Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
        So his engine he goosed
        With much too much boost,
        And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Originally posted by zorlac7
          one of the big problems of protege is the weight..reduce it and you will see some REALLY gains.

miata pistons are good mod..head work too.

the stock ecu is other of the big problems that have the protege.
          the protege is one of the lightest 4door cars on the market

Comment

Yes very light, anyone else get there rear doors slammed by passengers thinking they are heavier?

Comment

i get all of my doors slammed by dumb passengers.

Comment

which weight is LIGHT for us ???

the weight of my car is 1800-2000 Pounds. 3000 is very heavy.

Comment

who the **** has a 3000 pound protege. 2438 i think is the factory weight

Comment

Proteges range from 2350 to 2800 lbs depending on year and options. Those are rough, but close enough.
                    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                    -93 MR2, 129 ES
                    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

yeah, when i replaced my struts and speakers, i had everything out, because i didnt want to work around stuff, cuz im lazy like that, and i weighed it. with me out the dmv station said 2300. with me in 2550

Comment

hell yea, my car is light as **** it weighs 2395 with me in it, im 165, thats when it is stripped and im racing it. With all the interior and everything that came factory and a full tank of gas with me in it it weighed in at 2505. Which is light as **** for a 4 door sedan. My crx weighed like 2300 with me in it, and it only holds 2 passengers, had no powersteering or power sunroof and a few other things!
                        Eat ****.

Comment

double post

**EDITED: not anymore , JesseSays**

Comment

my car was 2497 in STS race trim.

the MR2 is around is right about the same I'd guess in race trim.
                            "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                            -93 MR2, 129 ES
                            ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                            Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
                              ??? mazda specific??? :dunno:

thats pretty much saying youo wouldnt take ur new (GTR) transplant to your local mechanic shop if u wanna see the best gains. take it to some where that has seen this before if you can
                              i is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
                                thats pretty much saying youo wouldnt take ur new (GTR) transplant to your local mechanic shop if u wanna see the best gains. take it to some where that has seen this before if you can

No i wouldnt, im just gonna spend the 300 bucks and fly braden out to tune my ****. Why would i bring it to mazda its not like they will know wtf to do they dont mod cars they fix them

Comment

Working...
                                X