Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1995 stock oil cooler on a 91 bp05(DOHC) block??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn this thread is like 3 years old almost...

Comment

yea - one of the first few threads

Comment

psiturbo, is raising the dead around here
        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Questions nobody asked

I have seen in this forum the ghetto mod of blocking the piston oil squirters to raise pressure. Well, most everybody seems to agree its a great mod which for me is stupidly ghetto and arcaic.

I bring up this thread from the dead because on one side everybody agrees on increasing pressure with blocking the squirters, but then discuss the subject of installing an inline oil cooler. Also they are comparing bottles with oranges because one is a watercooled oil cooler and the other one is an inline oil cooler.

The watercooled will not affect pressure drop, but the other one I am not very sure. If blocking the squirters raise pressure substantially while sacrificing piston chamber lubrication (defeits the purpose) I cant imagine how much pressure wil drop by re-routing lines to the oil cooling system.

I may be wrong, but it seems some details have been forgotten about oil pressure. At least in our neighborhood (Puerto Rico) we don't do any of the mods, oil coolers or blocking the squirters and its a 80 to 90 degrees island. Cars run fine all the time as long as maintance is done at time. That money should be spent on a new oil pump instead of wasting it on crazy wasteful mods.

Comment

just shim the oil pump & leave the oil squirters & stock oil cooler.
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
            X