Jesse brings a good point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atila
    The other advantage of an automatic tranny is the time it takes to shift. We are starting to build one where i work for my protege. I had a manual tranny this summer and made my fastest run at 13.6 with the gtx engine all stock at 10psi. For next year we have started to work on a garret t4 set-up for the engine. It's pretty shure that we are going to break the tranny sometime but hey that's in the game of going fast, has long has i don't break the engine i'm going to be glad.
    ok you are running 13.6 with a GTX at 10psi(concidering stock psi is what 8.5)??... impressive, i dont believe it but if true; impressive. got pictures of your engine bay, timeslip?

automatic trannies are quicker shifting, at times. i know some people can shift faster than an auto. not to mention that an auto weights more than a manual (details.. i know). not everyone shifts at insane speeds or rev-matches. but good on you. have fun, that is the important part.

Now if i could only recall why top fuel uses 3 speed manual trannies...
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Here's the link to my cardomain page http://www.cardomain.com/id/protila. The timeslip are on page three just click on the pic and you should be able to see them correctly. I'll try to upload my 13.6 if i find it but you should be satisfied with the 13.7 posted there. You where correct for the stock boost it's 8psi. Those time where with a manual tranny with slick and race fuel at 15 celsius and with the front pipe disconnected, just a little to cold for the slick to really stick.

Here's the complete mods on my car:
      gtx engine runned at 10psi on the stock dohc n/a ecu with an sds extra injector controler and msd btm, apex spring mounted on kyb strut.
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/protila
      Transmission mechanic

Comment

One of the fastest WRXs (9s) is an automatic, Jesse mentioned a very fast viper that is automatic... The question is, are you going below 10 seconds?
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

I don't care about drag racing. Wish I did though, then I could justify an auto. I think it's going to be a disadvantage on road coarse.
          I found out how to beat a Honda! Just about anyway you can think of. Even in reverse. <- my buddy Mike: Haha, your Civic is a pile of vtech crap! Zoom-Zoom!

Comment

Originally posted by atila
            Here's the link to my cardomain page http://www.cardomain.com/id/protila. The timeslip are on page three just click on the pic and you should be able to see them correctly.
            WOW very nice car, props!

So his engine he goosed

Comment

Originally posted by charles
              One of the fastest WRXs (9s) is an automatic, Jesse mentioned a very fast viper that is automatic... The question is, are you going below 10 seconds?
              exactly. for what we can get out hands on a 5sp will be faster. unless ofcourse you want to spend a lot of money on a tranny that isn't very "daily driver-like"

So his engine he goosed

Comment

thanks for the comment. For the manual in drag racing there not the same type has a normal car. They use dogshift engagement method there's no synchro in those tranny. I'll try to find the info back on those i had a really good article about it and the difference it made on the 1/4 in a golf.

You said the magic work daily driver i should have mention that i have a spare car for week driving. The pro his only going to it the road on weekend next summer and on shiny day.
                Last edited by atila; 11-17-2003, 07:06 PM.
                http://www.cardomain.com/id/protila
                Transmission mechanic

Comment

Working...
                X