No announcement yet.

stroker kit??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

see the problem with both is your still shelling out a BUTLOAD of money for something that is still killing you.... for 2k you could cryo treat your crank and full balance... brand new H beam rods and brand new weisco pistons that would handle the power probably better than that kit... i wont slam the kit though i really dont know that information... but what i do know is those rods and good pistons are nearly indestructable and thats what you want right? for 4K you could put the rods and pistons in your ride, and get a HUGE turbo and injectors, and your right where you are with that kit but with the potential for WAY more power... mate the turbo setup with a killer standalone and your pushing 400 to the wheels, instead of the 180-200 for the 4k in the stroker kit.

basically if your swimming in a pool of money sure go for it... then again if your swimming in a pool of money you can ask yourself why the hell your wasting your time with a 1500... excuse me 1600 dollar car its a spendy mod... i would never call someone stupid for getting it but you really need to consider if its in your budget... and a good way to do that is if your not already turbo this probably wont work to your favor. it costs 2k to slap a turbo onto a bg and if your dreaming of a turbo and a 4k dollar stroker kit... work on the easy stuff (turbo) then save up for the expensive stuff... but if you cannot even get the cheap stuff your never going to get anything.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

It's using Carrillo Rods and Wiseco pistons with a custom forged crank... it's not worth it unless you are seriously into racing.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
      Member of MX-3.com
      1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
      1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

cool thx!! ya i had planned on getting the gtx motor... then looking at the stroker as a maybe... but at 4k my thoughts quickly changed... thx for the info and the stroker is still on the list of to do's, but its at the very back!... haha l8taz

My garage...
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/vbp...p?do=view&g=19

Comment

Working...
        X