No announcement yet.

thermostat nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, we're talking about the same pipe...but it's leaking right in front of the upper radiator hose at a bend. Is it expensive and what is it called at the parts store? It's a small leak, so I was wondering if there is something I can use to patch it.

Comment

Coolant Bypass pipe this is to send hot coolant to passenger compartment for faster hot air , while warming up ,... anyways I don't think it's that expensive & it's not to bad to put on , only 1 bolt will be a bugger as has a second bracket on top of the pipe bracket ,that u will be removing ...as far as repair ... if the pipe looks rusted ,,,trust me it's really rusted ,,, when removed & tapped on the bench ,,you will see how bad it really is ,,, don't bother to try to patch it. Make sure u get new "o" ring with it grease it up and make sure it's seated into the water pump.

Comment

ok, I'll give it a shot...also, what is the best way to clean the rust off the thermostat housing where the radiator hose connects to it? It has a lot of build-up and it's affecting the tightness of the connection, it's leaking.

Comment

It's aluminum corrosion ...sand paper it & cleanup the inside of the hose ...light silicon grease the hose & housing ,new clamp & it should be all right

Comment

Working...
          X