929 trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Protoss
    the 2.5L KL-ZE, and the 1.8 BP-ZET are the only engine swaps i have heard of. the 2.2L F2T will fit but it is a little more work.
    Has that been abandoned??
    Haven't heard about it for a while.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

yeah i scrapped it. it became too much work for an engine i no longer cared about. I scrapped the tranny too by acident, and now i need it to see it it will fit on a BP. oi!
      When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
      Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
      Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
      So his engine he goosed
      With much too much boost,
      And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

it wont
        "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
        -93 MR2, 129 ES
        ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
        Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

*bump* I just found this post doing a search on the F2T engine. I would think they would be more common and cheaper then the GTX though obviosly the 20hp boost from the DOHC is minor. I was thinking that w/ the turbo "plumbing" allready in place it would be an easy engine to get more power on. Anyfurther thoughts on this? I'm going to do some more research on the subject when I get back from Iraq but I would still appreciate ideas and opinions untill then.
          Big Dreams, Small Budget!

Comment

Yeah..after I posted that I ran across Protoss's attempt. I'm still hypotheticaly interested in the FE3 concept, and I'm trying to track down info on the forced induction model of it. All in all a GTX swap seems to be the best bet if you have the $$ and desire.
            Big Dreams, Small Budget!

Comment

Working...
            X