No announcement yet.

sohc tranny VS dohc tranny....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i saw scooters in rome italy 2 summers ago, with CVT transmission. It was pretty neat to ride, and you didnt feel a thing.
    NOW WITH SPINNER HUB CAPS

Comment

Yeah the gear ratios in the LX are much shorter than in the DX. It's pretty neat but I definitely don't like it on the interstate... feels like I need a 6th gear!
      -Robert
      '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

Originally posted by SpoolinPro93
        Yeah the gear ratios in the LX are much shorter than in the DX. It's pretty neat but I definitely don't like it on the interstate... feels like I need a 6th gear!
        Well on the plus side you can race people on the highway without even having to downshift hehehe
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

Does the computer not allow the auto tranny to go to 120 or something I estimated that the auto tranny would do 115 all the way up to the 6500rpm cutoff in my auto dx dont know if its true or not.
          Sandon Davis

Don't mess with the Sandman

Comment

The car barely has enough power to go that fast. But it could, possibly....
            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

can someone refresh my memory on what model and year the 5th gear swap from the 626 came from?? or send me to a link that would explain more??

can't stand the 4k@80
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Check this out
                http://rxtrme7.aaph.com/gtx/gears.html
                2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

The G series and F series 323 Transmission have the same final gear reduction ratio 4.105:1 BP SOHC has a reduction ratio of 3.619:1
                  Gear ratios:
                  1st 323: 3.416 1st G25MR: 3.307
                  2nd 1.842 2nd 1.833
                  3rd 1.290 3rd 1.310
                  4th 0.918 4th 1.030
                  5th 0.731 5th 0.796

Comment

does anyone out there have any experience with swapping the 5th gear from a 626? id like more info than that web page. also it says for an older GTX 323 do they use the same tranny?
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                    X