No announcement yet.

Porting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

then argue with the F1 engineers, I'm not in the mood. I provided the information. It's your decision to actually read it.
    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
    -93 MR2, 129 ES
    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Only thing I can tell you is use the grinding stones that are used to sharpen the lawn mower blades.

I have to check out that site that Jesse posted.
      L8Tr
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
        also, check out other message boards...

such as: www.theoldone.com

by the way, unless you have specific technical questions for that board, please JUST BROWSE until you get a very good idea of what you're talking about. I don't post about actual cylinder head stuff there...just learn.
        Damn this is a sweet site

edit: I love what they did with that intake manifold ... on the how to build a 2L honda motor....
        Last edited by bruce95fmla; 12-18-2003, 02:42 PM.
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

then argue with the F1 engineers, I'm not in the mood. I provided the information. It's your decision to actually read it.
          I went to that webpage and I couldn't access the info on the head porting. I went under components and I couldn't open anything related to head porting.
          92 323 with BP DOHC
          ported/polished head, regrinded cams, JUN adjustable cam gears, ported AFM, ported/knife edged intake manifold.

N/A project dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by mike323
            I went to that webpage and I couldn't access the info on the head porting. I went under components and I couldn't open anything related to head porting.
            read the articles.

and then the archives.

componets is for parts they sell.
            -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

read the articles.

and then the archives.

componets is for parts they sell.
              I read the first article on the 2.0L Honda engine and nowhere do they state anything about low lift and high lift flow bench data.
              92 323 with BP DOHC
              ported/polished head, regrinded cams, JUN adjustable cam gears, ported AFM, ported/knife edged intake manifold.

N/A project dropped.

Comment

I read the first article on the 2.0L Honda engine and nowhere do they state anything about low lift and high lift flow bench data.
                and I read the first chapter in my physics book and they don't state anything about motion of rigid bodies in 3d, vibrations, or orbital mechanics.

if you don't want to read it, then don't argue with the info.
                -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

and I read the first chapter in my physics book and they don't state anything about motion of rigid bodies in 3d, vibrations, or orbital mechanics.

if you don't want to read it, then don't argue with the info.
                  What's your problem???

Did you read my I posted? All I stated is not to enlarge the opening since this is going to hurt low lift(below 0.200") flow data and this is not a good idea since it's going to result in a loss of power since our head/valve springs cannot accept a valve lift more than 0.355".
                  92 323 with BP DOHC

N/A project dropped.

Comment

"I also highly recommend to perform a 3 angle valve job, since this achieves great results at low valve lifts on intake and exhaust valves."

this is what im refering to.

Because i posted info to backup my statment that increasing low lift flow is a poor idea, and you came back with nonsense.

and then you had the gaul to come back with, " i read the first article, called "how to build a 2.0L" and you said it didn't mention low-lift flow. It's like reading Time Magazine and reading the editorals and bitching that it didn't talk about the cover story...
                    -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Because i posted info to backup my statment that increasing low lift flow is a poor idea, and you came back with nonsense.

and then you had the gaul to come back with, " i read the first article, called "how to build a 2.0L" and you said it didn't mention low-lift flow. It's like reading Time Magazine and reading the editorals and bitching that it didn't talk about the cover story...
                      Where in the article to they state that they don't care about low lift flow (between 0.050" to 0.200"), if they're doing 3 or 5 or even 6 angle valve job than they're going after flow in all aspects of lift cause that's what the valve angles do, they help in every valve lift.

If you want to reduce reversion you do that by creating a step between the head port and the intake manifold port as well as the headers. In other words the intake manifold port will have to be between 0.030"to 0.045"smaller than the intake side of the head ports, and on the exhaust side you will use anti-reversion cones on the header's flange to minimize reversion during the overlap period.
                      92 323 with BP DOHC

N/A project dropped.

Comment

hmmm....lost.......so how do I port my intake manifold?? LOL!!!!

How about the throttle body? Is that anything similiar to the intake manifold??
                        Eat ****.

Comment

Where in the article to they state that they don't care about low lift flow (between 0.050" to 0.200"), if they're doing 3 or 5 or even 6 angle valve job than they're going after flow in all aspects of lift cause that's what the valve angles do, they help in every valve lift.

If you want to reduce reversion you do that by creating a step between the head port and the intake manifold port as well as the headers. In other words the intake manifold port will have to be between 0.030"to 0.045"smaller than the intake side of the head ports, and on the exhaust side you will use anti-reversion cones on the header's flange to minimize reversion during the overlap period.
                          Mike...

There are 38 articles and 82 different articles in the archives section. I've read them all. Then there's also a message board that I've been on for months.
                          -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
                            hmmm....lost.......so how do I port my intake manifold?? LOL!!!!

How about the throttle body? Is that anything similiar to the intake manifold??
                            Polish and port the roof of the runners, that is where most of the flow is, don't port the bottom surface, just polish it. Create knife edges on flat spot areas to reduce turbulance.
                            92 323 with BP DOHC

N/A project dropped.

Comment

Polish and port the roof of the runners, that is where most of the flow is, don't port the bottom surface, just polish it. Create knife edges on flat spot areas to reduce turbulance.
                              Incorrect again...

the majority of the flow will try to make the shortest path possible. The inner radius is more important.
                              -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Incorrect again...

the majority of the flow will try to make the shortest path possible. The inner radius is more important.
                                The inner radius is located on the top surface of the runners. The highest flow is located on the top surface of the heads and on the top surface of the intake manifold runners.
                                92 323 with BP DOHC

N/A project dropped.

Comment

Working...
                                X