No announcement yet.

Problem starting the 323

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far A-ok ... It's 34 degree's outside and sorry, but I am not crawling under any protege or 323 to look for even a rat's ass.
    It's just to cold.
    I started the 323 today ,, took 2 of the spare tires out the back and will be dumping them today. Then took it out on the block (no plates - so not far) with no power steering and all... Runs so sweet.
    Bruce
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by cablemirc
      i encountered this the other day, and it got me to thinking..

i was messing with the wires that run under the intake manifold, and i accidentally bumped the groundwire for the starter off. it's a crappy little plastic pushclip, with a "spring-bent" contact inside to hold it on the metal tab on the starter.

my theory is, since cold air makes metals contract, while warmer air expands them, it's possible the contact for this little clip on the starter is failing for you.... i'd pull it off, make sure the connector spring inside has a good bend on it, so it clamps nice and tight when it gets cold outside.

hopefully, that made sense.

or put dialetic greese on it, that will fix it up (a silicon that conducts for those who dont know)
      No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

I changed my battery terminals yesterday. They were all corroded. Car runs better ever now...well, maybe not ever...but that's another issue.
        My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
        - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

I THINK mik hit it on the head...its obviously a firing problem when its wet outside so check to see if your cap is sealed good.

Comment

Working...
          X