Turbo!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo!!!

i was wondering what if any head work would have to be done to my 1.8 dohc before i put my t3 on? and if anyone knows where i can get a manifold for it?

YOu're safe to boost a n/a bp up to about 250hp before pop. Theres many options around for manni's. Just use the search feature. Hit skuce up. He's making some badass ones as we speak with t3 flange.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Where do you guys get this magic 250 number? There are Miata guys making 300+ (including 399 at the wheels) and Pat was probably making at least as much as Jon does, if not more... I'm almost tempted to stick a stock N/A head on mine and bolt the GTR turbo to it to see what it does...
      sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
      92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

so all i have to do is out the turbo and bov and wastgate and go?

Comment

Uh, no.

See that button that says "Search"? Use it. You might want to learn how a turbo system functions, too.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT View Post
            Where do you guys get this magic 250 number? There are Miata guys making 300+ (including 399 at the wheels) and Pat was probably making at least as much as Jon does, if not more... I'm almost tempted to stick a stock N/A head on mine and bolt the GTR turbo to it to see what it does...
            I was told(threw ppl and gained knowledge from this and other boards) that 250 is about the most the stock rods can hadle. If its incorrect than my bad.
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Sure you can run a stock bp up 300...but 250 with a BP-26, 460cc's and a safc is about the "safe" limit. Most the 300+ stock BP guys are at least run with megasquirt and even then your runnin' on barrowed time. IMHO.

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
              98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

misconception about them max HP i must say

conrods are the same between BP and BPT
                iveseen 211wkw (well over 350HP) from a stock internal BPT
                ive seen 197wkw (well over 320HP) from as worked head, but stock rods.

yet ive seen 160wkw (250hp) let go on punch a massive hole in the block

even one of my N/A engines had a bend conrod. some thought

1996 ST205 Toyota Celica GT4 | 1991 BG 323 Astina GT, BP N/A 138WHP *Gone*.
                1990 BG Ford Laser S (jdm), soon to be 220whp KL-ZE track hack

Comment

If I´m aiming at 350hp on the crank, would it be enough to buy high strength conrods or is new pistons nessesary too?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
                    I was told(threw ppl and gained knowledge from this and other boards) that 250 is about the most the stock rods can hadle. If its incorrect than my bad.
                    Tuning, as always, is key.

The BP/BPT rods are on the thin side, but they can take a fair amount of abuse before they give up the ghost.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by photoeye0 View Post
                      Sure you can run a stock bp up 300...but 250 with a BP-26, 460cc's and a safc is about the "safe" limit. Most the 300+ stock BP guys are at least run with megasquirt and even then your runnin' on barrowed time. IMHO.
                      Using a piggyback to tune anything for serious power is a kludgy solution and simply asking for trouble.
                      sigpic

Comment

If You Want To Seee A Car Thats Pushing The Safe Zone Limits Look For Mazdagts On The Site!
                        GOD INVENTED TURBO LAG TO GIVE THE V8 A CHANCE!!!!!
                        AND
                        THE DEVIL INVENTED THE ''ANTILAG'' TO SHOW THEM NO MERSEY!!!!

Comment

That dude is nuts.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X