Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOTS OF QUESTIONS.. Help!

It's an Automatic 94 DX..
    1- I replaced the water pump and thermostat and the radiator is almost new, also the fluid. The car's temperature is like 4mm above the middle of the temperature gauges. To me, it looks like its overheating. but Is that normal?

2- (I jumped TEN and GND already) At what RPMs should the car idle when it is in P??Mine idles at around 1150rpms(between the 1000 and 1250rpm lines), it goes down to 1000rpms at then it goes back up to 1150 every like 2 seconds. Also, when I put it in drive it idles at 500rpms. I checked the air screw thingie and if i make it idle at 750's it'll idle at around 1500rpms when is parked. What the hell??

3- Where EXACTLY is the transmission filter??

4- When I drive at above 35mph I start hearing a sound coming from under and front of the car like if metal was rubbing on something. I dont really know what it is.. Any ideas??

Thank You.
    Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
    you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

1. Thats where it always is on mine, you should be fine.
    3. I think its inside the transmission.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

1.) thats normal
      2.)500rpm idle when warm, 1500-2000rpm to warm car up when cold , normal
      3.) i belevive you have to drop the pan on the tranny to access the filter
      4.) possible dust shield on the back of your rotors (front), check your brakes pads that might not be wearing properly (front)
      No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

temerature is fine.
        tranny filter is inside the pan
        as far as your idle problem you may need to check you idel air control and or your TPS (throtlle position sensor) if they go bad your idle will fluctuate and or you will shut down at an idle
        as far as your metal rubbing noise I would go with a front breaking system problem (the dust cover like Semtex said)
        Light Those Tires To Start The Fires

Comment

check inside the fuse box, there is a small relay, that might not be coming on ... or some other thing related to the temperature sensors.
          NOW WITH SPINNER HUB CAPS

Comment

Working...
          X