fuel when jumped pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel when jumped pins

i have just purchased a 93 mazda protege dx 5 speed and i have no fuel pressure until i jump them two pins gnd fp i hear the pump kick on and have 45psi pressure still wont start?

alldata states with no vacuum to pressure regulater should be 38 to 46 so my 45 psi is in spec also correct?

it says on alldata pro if the pump kicks on i check it its 12+ volts i have 12 volts what is before the jumper thats not letting it turn fuel pump on?

i have changed maf and fuel pump relay in underhood box with my current running 92 mazda protege dx 5 sp still no luck checked the fuse for the fuel pump in same box and checked all the ones in the front driver kick panel

thanks for any suggestions

Check your relays sounds to me like you have a bad fuel injection relay or ecu relay
    ]

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotapj View Post
      Check your relays sounds to me like you have a bad fuel injection relay or ecu relay
      i checked the fuel pump relay and fuse in the black fuse holder under the hood beside the coil is there any others if so where?

where is ecu relay thats in the kick panel isnt it?

i checked all the fuses in the drivers kick panel also

thanks for the input

Comment

So all the fuses and relays under the hood checked out. Next check the vaf try unplugging it and see if the fuel pump kicks on. If not there it might be something in your ecu itself.
        ]

Comment

yes i have done switched vaf with another one out of a running car

Comment

come on someone knows this please

Comment

bumpity bump gentlemen

what is before the test port on the fuel pump

Comment

Check your TPS

Comment

do you have spark?
                  92 pro

Comment

i have spark and by tps do you mean throttle position sensor if so how do i check it

Comment

well i got to drive it today finally got it fired up but i have to be jumping them pins for fuel pump to come on so for now im driving around with a wire jumping them two if anyone has any idea why it could be like that let me know thanks

Comment

Doesn't the AFM control when the fp goes on?

Comment

i couldn't tell you if it controls it or not but i did swap it out with a known good one out of car is still running now

appreciate the help im getttin fellas thanks

you are talking about maf sensor right or vaf sensor or whatever its called on a ford

Comment

Originally posted by robertseber View Post
                            i checked the fuel pump relay and fuse in the black fuse holder under the hood beside the coil is there any others if so where?

where is ecu relay thats in the kick panel isnt it?

i checked all the fuses in the drivers kick panel also

thanks for the input
                            Fuel pump relay is attached to the lower right corner of the ECU, under the center console, by the passenger's left foot.

Big hefty relay, with I believe 5 wires running to it, a white plug. The relay itself tends to be black, with the connector part being yellow.

--sarge

Comment

could the relay be like half bad and work with the pins jumped

Comment

Working...
                              X