cut out between 1500~2200RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cut out between 1500~2200RPM

hi this is on my friends protege 93 DOHC the car will cut out at about 1500 till it works it way up to 2200 RPM i have checked timming twice (not saying its not the problem) when i checked with a timming light it was at ~10 degres advanced (to the left on the timing mark is advanced right?).. when i changed the cap, rotor and ignition wires the problem seemed to disapear till i saw her the next day and the problem was back to normal status.. its got me stumped any help would be great thank
    BP+T = Me happy

moisture getting in the cap? been wet / rainy? loose the gasket between the cap and disty?

Comment

its ignition related. Have you tried the borg warner cap? It has all brass contacts. The duralast rotor button has a brass contact also. Maybe replacing the wires is a good idea.
      Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
      "Who Dey"

Comment

i would say its ignition related also but now im confused.. i was also thinking possibly TPS sensor and/or VAF? its just the 3 wire TPS but maybe what do you think about changing the coil pack? i have never had a problem with them befor but always a first time
        im not thinking its moisture cuz i cleaned it befor i swaped mine and when i swaped my cap, rotor and wires over..
        p.s. her old ones work fine on my car
        Last edited by 93protege1.8; 05-27-2009, 10:58 PM.
        BP+T = Me happy

Comment

oh sorry i didnt read it right you did change the wires.
          Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
          "Who Dey"

Comment

hows your coolant temp sensor? those are sneaky buggers
            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

coolant temp sensor could cause some dumb **** like that. Also the TPS could be wet causing something ridiculous
              I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
              |.....Overnight....................| ||
              |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
              |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
              "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
              Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

OH MAN do i fill retarded i got the idea to advance the timming after playing with mine on my boosted bp i noticed they were both retarded for mine its great but for N/A it didnt work so well i advanced it and every thing fixed... lets see who comes up with the best roast coment for me and stupidity
                BP+T = Me happy

Comment

lets see who throws the 1st stone that hasn't made a dumb ****up like that

least it's sorted

Comment

Working...
                  X