Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think I got a LSD on my stock 323 tranny...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think I got a LSD on my stock 323 tranny...

I know I dont, but for some reason...

As most of u know I use to be a Honda driver. When I race my civics
    ( coupe n hatchback ) I get this problem off the line. " torque steer " atleast 90 degreeturn on the steering wheel just to keep the car to take off on a straight line. After the race I go back and look at the tire marks. Yes there is but only one mark on the road.

Last summer I was practicing my take off on my 323 at a parking lot at work. My frist off was like 5 yards long then i came back where I took off and saw the tire mark I was surprise when i saw 2 tire marks on there, so I did it again, and again, and again. Still 2 tire marks. Hmmm....

The other day i raced my friends Acura Legend ( V6 200 hp w/ 210 trq) I beat him about a car ahead. I noticed on my take off i wasnt struggling w/ my steering wheel. It was just straight and my car was just going straight.

Even if I wet one side of the road to see which wheel gets most of the torque still 2 tire marks are showing.

I doubt they make a stock LSD tranny on my sohc tranny, So what could it be???

it is possible.
    i don't know for sure about your us spec models but i know that the jap spec "gt" model (1st gen) came as a 2wd with lsd.

there aren't very many of them around so you'd be incredibly lucky to have one.......

Comment

mine is the same way i did some burnouts today for the camera and i had both wheels spininning
      i is dumb

Comment

but then i only have the basic 323 not even the se model. I doubt i have LSD I just want to hear a good reason y it seems like i have LSD. THX for rplying back tho...

Comment

all i have is the dx auto so i dont know wuts up i figured it out about a year ago when i was doing burnouts in my drive way
          i is dumb

Comment

u said auto? burn outs? dx?

burnout=car not moving wheels spinning producing smoke comming from the tires...
            I can understand if u have a v8 or 6 but a 4 banger w/ mazda autotrans? hmm...
            u prolly just chirp ur car on the driveway not burnout or u did something to the car maybe tie it down or something. I aint hating on u or ur car but burning out on a dx autotranny is just unbelievable.

Comment

nope i get smoke everytime like i said it was on camera i could try to put it on here but need to get dsl first but my dx has alot of mods done to it and my ebrake holds super strong
              i is dumb

Comment

and a burnout doesnt really mean u have to stay still u just need to get smoke
                i is dumb

Comment

put it up i wanna c those auto burnouts
                  93 Protege 5spd SE 1.8 L SOHC

Comment

gimme a couple days ill put them on a server from some1 else comp
                    i is dumb

Comment

an open LSD mean tht both wheels see equal power aka no lsd,
                      When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                      Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                      Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                      So his engine he goosed
                      With much too much boost,
                      And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

when u say open LSD u mean open differential or open Limited Slip Differential???
                        is there such thing as open LSD?

Comment

no nosuch thing as an open LSD. if it was open it wouldn't be limited. just habit of acronyms.
                          Last edited by Protoss; 01-09-2004, 01:33 AM.
                          When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                          Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                          Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                          So his engine he goosed
                          With much too much boost,
                          And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

so all cars have open diff?

Comment

I believe that the half-shaft design of the axles helps to prevent torque steer, but during hard cornering I can sometimes light up one tire. I don't really do burn-outs though, so I don't know what happens with that.
                              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Working...
                              X