Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

injectors??? rx7 turbo/non turbo-or DSM???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

injectors??? rx7 turbo/non turbo-or DSM???

what injectors work.... I recently picked up a set of non turbo RX7 injecors from a 13b.. i havenot the slightest clue what cc rate these have or if the resistance on them is right... any body else know?

i also heard from way of groharlem that trubo DSM injectors work as well... any input on this?

the stock LX rate injectors are at 270? if im correct? maybe?
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

They are drop in injectors i Believe, they flow either 360 or 460cc, i think 460, go to rx7club.com they will tell u.
    Eat ****.

Comment

The Rx-7 non turbo injectors (part #195500-2010) are 460cc. The ones from a turbo RX-7 (part #195500-2020) are 550cc.
      -------------------------
      '91 LX
      '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
      well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

umm the part number on mine are #195500-1350 as posted on the sides of the injectors

any clue for this?
        they came from a non turbo 13B

i'll check up on rx7 club.com in a minute
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
          umm the part number on mine are #195500-1350 as posted on the sides of the injectors

any clue for this?
          they came from a non turbo 13B

i'll check up on rx7 club.com in a minute
          The 1350's are 460cc. They are red right?
          '91 LX

well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

reddish orange yes.... i just found the info on them just aobut hte same time you did... thanks man.....
            do these injectors look to be direct drop in or is the impedance to low on them??? any problems at all with dropping these in?

what are the stock LX injectors at again?

Comment

I don't think that the injectors will run that good using the stock ECU. Do you plan to install these on an n/a motor?

The stock LX injectors are 230cc if I remeber correctly.
              '91 LX

Comment

they will only be put to use once a turbo charger is added to my motor.
                what prevents them from running good on the stock ECU? up to what cc rate is the stock ECU programmed to handle?

Comment

To be shure that the resistance is correct just put an ohm meter between each pin it suppose to be around 15ohm. The dsm 450cc injector are low imp injector you need a resistance box from an early 323 or an early 90 honda civic also works.
                  http://www.cardomain.com/id/protila
                  Transmission mechanic

Comment

i knoe i thread is old but i have toask a couple of questions.

I want to replace my injectors bcuz of my sluggish throttle respond that im having lately. I had the same problem b4 on my civic tho. anyways since implanning on replacing my injectors will it be better for me to just get the rx7 injectors? or just the lx ?

here's wut i have on my 323...
                    bp 1.8 dohc 92-94 lx motor
                    msd coil
                    8.5 mm magnecore wires
                    p/s headers
                    bp vaf w/ cone filter
                    ground wire kit
                    2 degree advance timing<<< 2" w/ stock mx3 v6 muffler.

Comment

Stock LX injectors will be fine. No point in using the rx-7 injectors on an n/a motor.
                      '91 LX

Comment

Yeah ! , you know you can send your stock injectors out and have them cleaned also. It shouldn't cost much -100 dollars.
                        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

i do plan on shooting nos this summer atleast 60 shot for the bp motor.

i know there's no gain in hp by swapping rx7 injectors but will it give me a rough idle ?

Comment

well if you are shooting Nitrous i would concider other things that just injector, because when you aren't spraying you will be running wicked rich.
                            When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                            Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                            Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                            So his engine he goosed
                            With much too much boost,
                            And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

I have to find this website that I saw on the net. It bascially was for injector cleaning, but it also gave you a forumla for figureing out the horsepower that a certain injector could withstand (for lack of wording it better explanation).
                              I think I came out with a figure of like 160 to 180 hp. that the stock injectors could handle. But I did it so long ago, I forgot the actually number and everything.
                              Haha... I see we will be some NOS injecting 323's huh.. lol..
                              Bruce
                              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                              X