Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Symptoms of a bad Clutch Slave Cylinder..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symptoms of a bad Clutch Slave Cylinder..?

Sometimes the clutch pedal will go all the way to the floor and not engage or disengage the clutch...sometimes tho, but if i keep light pressure on the pedal than it works fine...But sometimes if i let it go the pedal will go limp and go to the floor when i press it and not engage or disengage, but if i tap it or let it come back up it will work. Ive bled the Clutch already, and it got alittle bit better, but its still there. The fluid is fine, i checked the Cylinder visually and it moves properly. So im thinkin theres a air leak or somethin inside the master slave cylinder..???

Thats prob gonna be my next step...am i correct?? any opinions??

anyone have any opinions on the problem??

Comment

The slave looks easy to replace. It couldn't hurt to just replace it with a new one. You'll have to bleed the system anyway, so that won't necessarily narrow your problem. If the problem still exists, then you know that the problem is in the master cylinder or the line.

"Mazderati"
      91 LX DOHC 5 speed V8 stocker
      Pioneer DEH-550MP, Infinity 6002i's, Pioneer 6x9s
      Uniden PC76XL w/ Astatic Road Devil & 5' Wilson Silverload

1982 Jeep Wagoneer Brougham
      AMC 360 V8, 4-speed, 4x4

Comment

That sounds like a weak slave cylinder to me. Should only cost $20-25 at your auto store.
        James G.
        sobe83@yahoo.com
        AIM: DVS 323BPT
        MySpace
        Cardomain
        <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

yea there cheap...im gonna get one monday..

Comment

Slave cyl pedal pressure

I just replaced the slave cyl on my 97 protege dx....tryed getting clutch pressure/activation by myself then inlisted my wife to help and did get clutch arm activation... But when i start the motor i lose pedal pressure....is there any reason the pedal pressure would drop when eng. Is started...is it because this car shares master cyl with the brake system...what do i do????

Comment

Working...
            X