1.6 Alternator Equivalent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.6 Alternator Equivalent.

Ive searched. And yeah Im new. But I know to search hard before making new stupid threads.

My question is. Ive got an F2T and was wondering if the alternator from the 1.6 323 fits on the F2T. I could always just take it off and see but its about an hour away and I can only goon the weekends. So I thought Id ask first.

Thanks very much.

Also. If there is a "cars with compatible parts" thread here, would someone kindly show me the way.

post a picture of the F2T alt? there's a large chunk of mazda alternators that are plug and play, that might be one of them but without seeing it I can't tell you for sure.
    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
    VF10 powered!
    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Only Picture I can get until saturday. Then Ill look and see if its the same
      Last edited by craigandrews; 06-15-2010, 03:45 PM.

Comment

If thats the F2T alternator then the body and everything are the same except the pulley is a ribbed style instead of the 1.6's and 1.8's v style. If you can find a way to swap the pulley your good to go with nearly any FWD mazda alt from the early 90's.
        -Steve

VF10 powered!
        262 Whp & 257 Wtq
        13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

it should work. pretty much any mazda alt can be adapted to any other mazda. we've done some crazy swaps including saving a miata member on here putting a 90 amp kl alt on his car. lol. my f2t has a 110 amp milly alt on it. my FE3 has a FS 80 amp on it. usually you might have to swap some pulleys. and on the worst ones like a milly 110 amp alt, you have to grind a little to clearance. but you shouldnt run into anything like that.

at worse, it doesnt work, but you would have had to pull the alt out to replace it anyways. so you didnt really waste any time. if you fit it up, and have any issues, just post here, and we can help you out.
          ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
          ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
          What are you driving?

Comment

I know for sure a 1.8 miata alt will work, I'm running one right now, just the upper part isnt threaded in the alt body so youll need a nut and bolt.
            -Steve

VF10 powered!
            262 Whp & 257 Wtq
            13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

yeah if it doesnt work then its no biggie. its already off and ill just take it off the 323 to see if it fits. Im goin to go out now to work on the car so hope fully Ill have a working alternator!

Thanks for the help guys

Comment

Working...
              X