No announcement yet.

Remove Axle from CV Shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like you beat the **** out of the wrong part, i can see the clean exposed metal there near the bearing.... you def. shifted that entire assy. over..

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
    MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

^^^This is what I'm thinking as well.
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

lol. i didnt even notice that. but you guys def look correct. looks like he was beating it from the wrong side. omega fail!
        ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
        ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
        What are you driving?

Comment

Originally posted by monoxidechild View Post
          lol. i didnt even notice that. but you guys def look correct. looks like he was beating it from the wrong side. omega fail!
          lol you need either a new bearing put in the half shaft or a new or jy halfshaft.
          Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
          "Who Dey"

Comment

Are you sure there isn't a snap ring between the ball joint housing and the mounting bracket? I wasn't hammering on that part, it slipped down on it's own.

Comment

Did you hit here? That's where they come apart.
              Attached Files
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

The shaft presses out of that housing to replace the carrier bearing so it is possible to slide it out. IF it slid out on it's own I would consider replacing the assembly. And on MX-3s there is a clip in there. Should be same design as your BG.

Comment

Yes, that's where I hit it. If I hit the mounting bracket above it was by accident and in the process of hitting it there.

Comment

I've come to the conclusion there is a clip underneath the mounting bracket that I haven't been able to see.

Comment

just use a chisel on the hub and hit it with a hammer. I've done it both was.
                      Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                      "Who Dey"

Comment

Since you have it apart, put the carrier bearing bracket on a vice(being careful of course). Then, using a fairly long and sturdy pry bar, pop that somm'bitch out! There should be a snap ring on the end, thats whats giving you the problem. Once you get a nice firm tug it will give and you can jump up and down in pure joy!

Comment

Working...
                        X