BP engine blocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BP engine blocks

Are the SOHC and DOHC 1.8 BP's sharing the same block?
    Thanks
    Clay

block only yes. crank and pistons no
    DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

although the SOHC (B8) crank is the same stroke and nose and everything, long nose, and weighs around 9.2 lbs lighter, half the counter weights and it's cast instead of the DOHC having a forged crank, so it's not as strong but it sure spins up fast

yep the blocks are identical the only difference in blocks is the oil thread is shorter on the SOHC since it doesn't have the oil cooler and the DOHC BP does. easy swaps if you wanna add or take away stuff.

Comment

I can check tomorrow if the turbo oil feed and coolant lines are tapped and bolted or not. I'm not sure if they are or not on the b8 block.
        -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
        VF10 powered!
        262 Whp & 257 Wtq
        13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Turbo feeds are there..that is why I was asking. I did find a difference between the SOHC in the Protege and in the 323 from early 90's (91-93) ...323 had steel oil pan and no turbo feeds....Protege had cast aluminum pan and the turbo feeds and stamped BP.
          Thanks
          Clay

Comment

The 323 had a B6.
            1990 Protege 4WD
            GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
            ├┼┤
            2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

was under my 323 yesterday , and yes its a stamped steel pan .

Comment

323's have a b6, totally different everything. Block, pan, the whole shebang.
                -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                VF10 powered!
                262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Working...
                X