stupid electrical problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stupid electrical problems

ok I bought a protege from someone locally for 300. He was giving someone a jump and shorted the positive to the master cyl..

anyways..new main fuse and all fuses in the fuse box in the cabin. Turn the key on and the a/c fan come on lol. The engine will crank. With no key in the ignition when you turn on the headlights the headlight relay goes crazy and cycle on/off million times a second.

With no key in and battery hooked up, body grounds test good, but as soon as you do anything electrical related (turn on headlights, stomp brake pedal ect) the grounds show 12v and sounds like all the relays and switches cycle on (vics and fpr solenoids, tps ect) you can hear them turn on.

Disconnect battery and all back to normal until I try to do something again. Nothing happens when the drive by lights are switched on..no lights, no goofy stuff happens.

Tried a working ecu and still does same. Never blows any fuses. Gets really weak spark on cranking but I know itll never start till I find the shorted wires or relay or whatever the hell is going on..lol

Input, ideas, thoughts...help?
    DX BP swap/turbo build

nevermind, Im just gonna use the car for parts. I hate hate hate electrical
    DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

You could replace the body harness.
      Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
      "Who Dey"

Comment

Working...
      X