Compression testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compression testing

I've never done one before and I need to check the BP out of the crashed car. Can you do a compression test by turning the engine over manually? I googled it but found no definite answer. Has anyone here done it? I don't see what the difference is, other than its going to take a bit longer.

Thanks for the help.

If you are able to tur the engine over 300 times a minute...

Comment

Turning it by hand ain't gonna give any kind of accurate reading. Hell, the HLA's can collapse faster than you can spin it by hand, with no oilpressure, and leakage past the rings will be more apparent when the rotating assembly is rotating that slowly.
      '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
      '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

That's exatly what I mean - just without irony

Comment

alright, thanks for the help.

Comment

1.fully charged battery....
            2.remote car starter switch from crappy tire (less than 30.00 iirc)
            3.win

Comment

well the steering column has been ripped out and placed in my new car. The old one isn't gonna work because my brother was ****ing with it after we took it out and he has ruined the ignition switch.
              I was just curious. I plan on ripping the engine apart anyway over the winter and getting the head rebuilt. I might even go for some new rods and pistons for added reliability. I have been wanting to boost a BP for like 5-6 years now, so I'm gonna do it right the first time. I can't really afford to be blowing **** up and being without a car.

Comment

Working...
              X