Walbro Fuel Pump Installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walbro Fuel Pump Installed

There's always a little stress when I think about it too much. Best not to think and just do it.

This is where I got the fuel pump from
    This part number is actually the pump+the kit
    The actual part numbers for the pump and kit separately are
    GSS315 255ltr/hr fuel pmp
    400-866 88-92 Probe/MX 6 install kit
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 1st Gen; 01-01-2012, 01:42 PM.
    1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
    1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
    2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
    1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

How highs the water Momma?
    Attached Files

Comment

I suppose I should have put a hose clamp on it but I had to put some serious oomph on that sucker to get it in far enough to get the retaining bracket on. I replaced the O-ring and the little cap thing so and cut the hose to fit very tight. If I have a problem with a lean condition, I'll check here. Otherwise, no worries.
      I'm going to test it tomorrow. I'll have to hook the battery up and turn it over probably but I should be able to hear the sucker run. I'll try just pushing the door to the VAF open first to see if I can get it to run that way.

The pic is from our road trip earlier this week. Pretty cool. I would estimate the river is about 10-15' above flood stage there.
      Last edited by 1st Gen; 01-21-2011, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Looks good.

I couldn't make that flange hold properly, so I hacked it off and used a piece of fuel hose with two little clamps. That fixed it.

Hopefully it runs now.
        1990 Protege 4WD
        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
        ├┼┤
        2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Originally posted by me109 View Post
          Looks good.

I couldn't make that flange hold properly, so I hacked it off and used a piece of fuel hose with two little clamps. That fixed it.

Hopefully it runs now.
          That's a great idea. I kinda wish I'd have done that now. I would feel more secure about it for sure. I also wish they would have sent me a new rubber to secure the whole assembly with. The web site shows them using a wire tie which I have but,---I don't know if a wire tie will hold up being submersed in gas year after year, or if they used one made out of special material.

I'm sure it will be fine. I would just feel better about it.

Comment

Working...
          X