Starting issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting issues

It only starts if I keep my foot on the gas all the way to the floor, and I have the ign timing advanced all the way. Even then it runs REALLY rough...

Vids -

This was the previous day -

I have people saying maybe my rings are burnt out, or I have a bad valve seal.

Notice the oil on the #3 Plug.

The #1 plug was gas fouled, the #2 was ok, and the #4 was decent... Any ideas?

I can't really afford to take it to the shop right now, and if I can figure out what the problem is, I can fix it.

Timing is spot on, ignition timing is spot on, everything is where it's supposed to be... Any ideas?
    94 ELXGT, engine and trans located. After pickup, time to start piecing together the stuff I need.

Originally posted by Lord_Vader
    Impressive.... Most Impressive

Bad fuel pump? I know that would have no affect on the plugs, but would have an affect on starting.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It's getting plenty of fuel, because when it DOES fire off, it smells STRONG like gas. Maybe try and run some seafoam through the fuel rail? I'm getting desperate here.
      94 ELXGT, engine and trans located. After pickup, time to start piecing together the stuff I need.

Comment

How's your plug wires? Cap & rotor? Maybe the coil's going. What plugs you running?
        Sounds like ignition problem to me. Just my $.02
        94 pro base model, all synthetic fluids, s/r struts, front & rear ebay upper strut bars,front & rear tie bar, ZX2 1" front swaybar, EGT 21mm rear sway bar, custom delrin endlinks front & rear, custom delrin rear swaybar mount bushings, EBC front blanks & redstuff pads, CS ss brake lines & dot 4 fluid, big drum brakes in rear (from ZX2, free parts), 2.25 custom exaust w/magnaflo oval muffler, 4-wire o2 sensor, custom ram-air, 4-wire BP tb, MSD super conducter plug wires, MSD Blaster SS coil, NGK iridiums,OEM weighted shift knob, ebay short shifter, bronzoil bushings, CS ss clutch line, custom air splitter, mx-3 recaro drivers seat, EGT foglight switch, 35w 5000k hi/lo hid's

soon:
        lightened flywheel & clutch; in garage,
        Miata Daisy's; after new tires

Comment

Plug wires could probably use changing, but they are in the right order, 1342, the cap and rotor are good, I've taken the rotor itself off and tried it in all 3 positions, with the disty all the way adv and all the way retard, and even in the middle, no dice. I'm running NGK-R plugs.

I wish someone on here lived closer to Corinth MS, that would be awesome. Then someone else can give the car a blank expression.

Comment

I have another Disty I could try, if y'all think it would help at all. I noticed my head looked like it was decked uneven, so If thats the case, then I'm taking the head back and getting them to fix whatever else ****ed up.

Comment

when i first got mine running it was doing the same thing it turned out to be the injector o-rings to the fuel rail and it smelt like gas strong.. just a thought
              93 Mazda 323 bp - DD atm
              94 Saturn SC2 - Blown, in progress
              03 Chevy Cavalier -dead RIP
              03 Chevy Cavalier - Parked
              99 Volkswagen Golf -Dead RIP
              95 Honda Civic hatch -Dead RIP

Comment

Yeah I didn't change mine, that would make sense if it was like a vac leak or something. It's worth a shot! How much are they online usually?

Comment

i bought them from the mazda dealer for 2$ each plus tax
                  93 Mazda 323 bp - DD atm

Comment

The upper and lower? Sad thing is: We don't have a mazda dealership here in town, I'd have to drive about 45 min out of town to get to one. Autozone doesn't have them as a kit, Oreilly does, but it won't be here til sat. Tried calling advance auto, but they put me on hold for 20 min, so I hung up.

Comment

i only bought the top one that goes into the fuel rail the other ones were good when i went to the ford dealer to get them they said they were discontinued and they couldnt get them so i went to the mazda and they had over 200 in stock
                      93 Mazda 323 bp - DD atm

Comment

Ok, well Advance has them in stock for 3.49 for a set of them. May just get those, and try again. Whats a good way to clean injectors?

Comment

soak them in carb cleaner ? i have no idea ive never cleaned any but if i were u once u get ur new injectors flip the fuel rail over so the injectors are pointing in the air and turn it over make sure they all spray i had 3 of mine that werent spraying so i had to replace them
                          93 Mazda 323 bp - DD atm

Comment

Hmm.... I may have to try that, except without getting sprayed in the face....

Comment

u be the one turning it over and have someone else get sprayed in the face lol
                              93 Mazda 323 bp - DD atm

Comment

Working...
                              X