Need help with this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with this

Do they make any sort of aftermarket or racing transmission internals for any of the proteges(mazdaspeed, lx,dx ect.), gtx, 323 and so on? Besides the differentials or clutch kits.
    90 Mazda 323 Hatch: BP turbo swap coming soon w/ awd conversion.
    93 Mazda Protegé: making decisions....
    03 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protegé: Will have it soon...

yeah sure. PAR gearsets, I think OSGikken will make a set that fits, but nothing that solves all the problems. Put 6 grand of gearset in there, only to have the centerdiff frag (which it will) and take that 6k gearset with it? nah. And no one makes a center carrier. Or a case that won't break. There's nothing cost effective to do about your gearbox. All you can do is feed it good synth. gearlube and be nice to it.
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Well how much torque and hp can the stock tranny on the gtx hold? And on the Mazdaspeed protege, cuz im getting one soon and building it. I cant find **** on google about it.

Comment

or u can swap e153 trans out of toyota u will need adapter plate to bolt the e153 on ur motor
        swapping into another shell!

Comment

btw the e153 is off a v6 so im sure its strong for whatever ur setup is

Comment

Off topic....why do you keep asking questions in the new members section? Post it in he proper section. I just moved this to what I feel is the right section.
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Idk how to do the posts in any other way from my iphone. I can find it. Where do i go?

And about the e153 trans, how much does the adapter plate cost? cuz i was thinking of using the tranny from the 2.5 v6 from the mx6 and 626.

Comment

there is a member here who sell the plate i dunno how much they would go but here u go

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_93Protegé View Post
                  Idk how to do the posts in any other way from my iphone. I can find it. Where do i go?

And about the e153 trans, how much does the adapter plate cost? cuz i was thinking of using the tranny from the 2.5 v6 from the mx6 and 626.
                  The 2.5 V6 trans is the same internally and strength wise as the 4 cylinder G-series trans. Same stuff different bell housing.

Also if he has a mazdaspeed protege then that plate won't work, it needs to be for an F-series Engine.
                  2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                  1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

maybe thereildeal can make one for msp i dunno?

msp with e153 would be awesome lol what the final drive on e153 and g series? i have sohc tranny but id like to know final drive on sohc tranny also
                    Last edited by bp_turbo'd; 01-30-2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Ok thanks for the link dude. I really Need to get this **** done. Trying to find all the components you need takes a while.

Comment

no problem ill watch this thread too as well

EDIT:ill try to help as much as possible i know nothing about msp though but i know how to change oil and tires on msp thats about it lol

Comment

Thanks man. And no worries about the msp, i can figure that one out slowly

Comment

Working...
                          X