Cometic Head Gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cometic Head Gasket

I'm having trouble finding a cometic head gasket specifically for a 1993 Mazda Protege BP, I need to order this ASAP so I can get the engine apart and ready to be dropped in, so can anyone confirm this is what I need, or do you have a link to exactly what I need to buy?

Get the Best Performance with Cometic Gaskets Ford Head Gasket 1985-93 C5756-036 parts at JEGS. Shop Now at the Guaranteed Lowest Price!

I'm also looking for some ARP Head Studs...

Get the Best Performance with ARP Head Studs w/12-Point Nuts Mazda Miata 1.6L (B6), 1.8L (BP) 218-4701 parts at JEGS. Shop Now at the Guaranteed Lowest Price!

are the b6's and bp's really that closely related?
    1993 Ford Festiva - Fiona/b6 swap
    1997 Ford Aspire - Peaspire/rescued restored and sold
    1994 Ford Aspire - Kiazord/BPG5MR Swap
    1999 Mazda 626 - exDD, sold
    1997 Ford Aspire - Babyspire, stock low miles&clean
    1994 Ford Aspire - Crustyspire, scrapped
    2003 Chrysler T&C - grocery getter

Why not get a mls gasket
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

The OEM gasket is very very good. I truthfully don't know if I've seen an example of a blown factory BP head gasket... I'm sure it's happened, but I've never seen it.

But if you want one, Flyinmiata sells them: http://flyinmiata.com/index.php?dept...4%20%2083-84MM
      The cometic gasket is slightly thicker than the OEM gasket, so it will drop your compression ratio slightly. It's 0.040" thick instead of the factory 0.032"

Or if you have more money than you know what to do with, TODA and Maruhamotors make stopper type gaskets for the BP... Good luck ever blowing one of those...
      Last edited by theredrocket; 02-04-2012, 01:36 PM.
      Tyler has spoken

Comment

I was told cometic was a mls gasket.. I just want something better than felpro that won't blow under 15psi boost guranteed. I only plan on running 12 psi, but I want the motor to be solid., a friendbof mine said he popped his felpro just trying to hit 10 psi the first time he got on it.

I'd like to raise the compression ratio...with a cometic gasket .040, milling the head .020 will help a little.
        Last edited by zoom-zoom; 02-04-2012, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Felpro in my car is doing just fine at 22psi and has been for years...
          '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
          '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
          http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

lot more factors in causing head gasket leaks than the gasket itself

Comment

I don't know why his blew, it could have been alot of things, but he is a certified Toyota tech with a couple ase's and years under his belt, so I'm just taking his word for it and getting something next to bulletproof. If anyone can screw this up, it's me!

Comment

Working...
              X