'92 323 engine vibratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'92 323 engine vibratio

Hi folks. This is my first post...proud co-owner (my wife's car originally) of an automatic 323 with 250000 km's and still reliable. There seems to be a common problem with engine/body vibration when car is stopped at a traffic light, foot on the brake and engine at idle speed. It drives smooth as soon as I start rolling and touch the gas pedal. All engine mounts have been changed and I've replaced PCV valve and spark plugs several times over the years with no change. The vibration did seem to get worse after a front right corner accident so i wonder if something got bent, but couldn't see anything.

Any thoughts on what else to try?

Many thanks.
    Rajiv
    Attached Files

check your engine mounts. they help hold the engine and soak up vibrations

Comment

He said he replaced all the mounts already. Do you have a tachometer? Your idle might just be set to low.
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

engine vibration

Originally posted by viper_707 View Post
        check your engine mounts. they help hold the engine and soak up vibrations
        ..thanks..I've had all four changed (think thats all of them. My mechanic did the bottom two on the transmission and i did the two in the engine compartment. I read that the intake hose could be cracked as a cause, but checked today and it looks fine...think it may just be something to live with in an otherwise excellent 20 year old car.

Comment

If it's running good, which it seems to, and your mounts are all in good condition then it is just something you'll have to live with. The 2 lower and the drivers side mount are the worst for going bad. Have them checked again.
          -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
          VF10 powered!
          262 Whp & 257 Wtq
          13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Might be as small as a vacuum leak. Check all your hoses
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
            X