What's your current oil consumption?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your current oil consumption?

I had some major leaks that I just fixed(mostly) and went from an abysmal half quart a tank(~300miles) to not really noticeable loss on my last tank.
    I still have slight seepage around the oil pan and front main so I'm sure not planning on switching to synthetic anytime soon but it's a vast improvement.
    There is some minor oil smoke in the morning but that doesn't concern me.

If I can get 1000m a quart I'll be fairly content.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Currently mine doesn't consume any. There's roughly 30,000 original miles on the engine, and I've run Mobil1 10w30 since break-in. I thought for sure my turbo would at least deep some, but my hot side piping is all dry.

Comment

In my BG I sweats about 1 liter every oil change from the oil pan, and around 1.5 if it's stupid hot out lol.

626...damn well it's leaking about 1 liter every 1000km :/ haha gotta get that oil pan sealed...ugh.
      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

rallycar uses zero oil, streetcar used about half a quart in 4k or so. It had a weep around the knock sensor and the rest I bet went round the valvestem seals. The goal for the new streetcar is zero...we shall see someday.
        '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Mine doesn't lose much oil just driving around town and on the daily commute, but if I go on a long highway cruise, it'll burn half to almost a full quart over the course of a few hundred mile round trip. No noticable smoke, no oil puddles or anything. I do notice a small droplet on the pan every so often, but other than that the pan is dry as are the intake and vacuum tubing. I sure can smell it, though.

Idk where it goes. lol
          Team Fail Motorsports

That's just the nature of the beach.

Comment

ZX2 is maybe half a quart over 3500 miles.

wagon is godawful. valve stem and turbo seals are on their way out, crankcase occasionally is pressurized and blows oil out of the dipstick, so between that and the EWG dump the engine bay is covered in a healthy coating of oil
            sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
            92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

About a quart in 700 to 800 miles. But my BG has over 200k miles on it. Lots of blow by, but no smoke that I can tell. I'm thinking about some kind of hooch to help free up the rings. Like Seafoam or marvle mystery oil... any thoughts??
              5 squirrels - 4 running for their lives, one cracking the whip.

Comment

Originally posted by farmergene View Post
                About a quart in 700 to 800 miles. But my BG has over 200k miles on it. Lots of blow by, but no smoke that I can tell. I'm thinking about some kind of hooch to help free up the rings. Like Seafoam or marvle mystery oil... any thoughts??
                Try Restore. It's that stuff in the metal peel can. I've used it in my own and friends' cars in the past and it's always improved things a bit. Also, STP High-Mileage oil treatment. Both are great on their own, but I've put both in recently and it seems to have really slowed my consumption.
                Team Fail Motorsports

That's just the nature of the beach.

Comment

Thanks! I'll try that, report back with whatever results I get...
                  5 squirrels - 4 running for their lives, one cracking the whip.

Comment

Working...
                  X