Need help with fuel level gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with fuel level gauge

I just install a Microtech on my 94 Protege and this gauge is not working anybody can tell me how to make it work again without the stock ecu?
    sigpic

Nothing to do with ECU. Visually inspect the sender.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Ok so its not connected to stock ecu at all
      sigpic

Comment

Ok so its not connected to stock ecu at all, any idea on what cables should have ground and witch one have 12V on the sender
        sigpic

Comment

Correct, the sender is not connected to the ecu at all. From the FSM, the black/green wire should be grounded and the yellow wire goes to the cluster. The sender is just a variable resistor with a pull-up in the cluster.

--Ferdi
          If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
          -----
          Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
          Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
          Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

Thanks, so there is no 12v in the sender
            sigpic

Comment

There will be power for the pump, obviously, but not for the sender.
              1990 Protege 4WD
              GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
              ├┼┤
              2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Working...
              X