X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd water pump goes bad

Good Afternoon!

1994 Sohc 1.8

My mechanic installed a new water pump for $475 when the car had 139k miles.

Now its the 2nd time my water pump goes bad at 159K.

How come water pumps are made cheap?

Do I have to remove the passenger side motor mount in order to work on the water pump.

Basic tools to install water pump? I am aware that timing belt is removed in order to access the water pump.

Is there any videos DIY for 1.8 sohc, there's millions of other videos on YouTube but can't find BG 1.8.

(My first DIY water pump service)

Enjoy Summer!

It's pretty straightforward. You do not need to remove any motor mounts. Replace the timing belt while you are doing the water pump. Don't buy the cheapest water pump you can find and I am guessing it will last longer. It's a pretty important part so don't skimp. You don't need a video, just dig in and take the old one off and put the new one on.

Comment

Gates **** is pretty legit, it's inexpensive and I've never had one of them fail. might as well replace the idler and tensioner pullies while you're in there, the tensioner on my GTR went bad mid-intersection and took out the timing belt
      sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
      92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

as atomic said. Buy a GATESĀ® brand timing kit & waterpump
        pulling the engine mount will help out significantly for engine side clearance.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
        X