No announcement yet.

Cooling fan on constantly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think its the one with the red band. as you can see i have taken the earth off from above it as that stops the fan from running. it looks nothing like the sensor that it usually is. maybe because my car is pre cat version

Comment

Looks like the right location, but I've never seen that connector used for it. Anyway it must be the right one if it turns off the fan when you interrupt the ground.
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

It looks like you have the temp gauge plug where the temp sensor should be. Do you have any sensor plugged in under the distributor?

Who did you buy this car from?
        Why did they use super blue wire cover.
        That ground is important too, has it been relocated?
        Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
        kitty, you are a hilarious woman
        Originally posted by HopelessCow
        there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
        Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Hi Kitty, there is a sensor under the distributor but it has the same style plug on it i think. will have a look when i get home. not sure why there is a blue connector on it. is that wire definitely the ground? i bought the car from some idiot who didnt have a clue about cars! luckily i got it cheap! lol

Comment

Just looked at the pic again! that blue cover is actually on the ground wire. it looks like its part of the sensor wire in the pic. sorry to mislead. that blue turminal is the ground wire that i have taken of to shut the fan up.

Comment

Working...
            X