Clutch/Thrust washer Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch/Thrust washer Problem

Hey guys did anyone ever have the problem of running a too strong clutch that would cause the thrust washers to completely wear and make the crank walk? this is what I think happened to mine. Im running a SPEC stage 3+ clutch and lightened fidanza flywheel

I've worried about it, but never had it happen. What's it doing that made you look for crank walk and how much are we talkin here?
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

The spec clutch feel is like a stock clutch.
      Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
      "Who Dey"

Comment

Also, what year is and make is your car?
        "Who Dey"

Comment

ive seen it in person. but the driver was heavily abusive with it.... and it wasnt' on a spec 3+(which isn't really aggressive anyway- or heavily weighted)
          he was running a clutch net unit. id say this was probably early 2000. so my memory is fuzzy. but never the less its uncommon unless your pressure plate is retardedly overkill & you drive like a jackass
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
            I've worried about it, but never had it happen. What's it doing that made you look for crank walk and how much are we talkin here?
            I pulled the engine because I thought my release bearing was making a clunking noise when I pushed in the clutch. then my teacher mention the clutch/thurst washer thing to me so I pulled my oil pan and it was full of metal, ripped the engine apart and found only one thrust washer somehow and the main caps and crank and block were toast, rebuilding used engine now tho, just was wondering if the clutch was overkill. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bomdoutscort View Post
              The spec clutch feel is like a stock clutch.
              mine bites pretty hard haha and its a 92 ford festiva with a 90 protege bp turboed

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                ive seen it in person. but the driver was heavily abusive with it.... and it wasnt' on a spec 3+(which isn't really aggressive anyway- or heavily weighted)
                he was running a clutch net unit. id say this was probably early 2000. so my memory is fuzzy. but never the less its uncommon unless your pressure plate is retardedly overkill & you drive like a jackass
                hahaha sometimes I drive like a jackass haha and idk then that clutch feels pretty action to me.

Comment

You might have a small nose crank model that was prone to crankwalk.
                  "Who Dey"

Comment

Originally posted by bomdoutscort View Post
                    You might have a small nose crank model that was prone to crankwalk.
                    what years and models were that? how can I fix that?

Comment

Working...
                    X