Distributor Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distributor Help

hey does anyone know what and where each wire goes from the distributor? Also in the BP swap for the festiva theres a 4th wire that has to run to the ecu, what is this wire for? thanks

That second sentence is so confusing. Your distributor should have (4) wires transferring spark to each individual cylinder, with (1) wire transferring spark from the igniter/coil to the distributor. Even in my 85' Corolla it's the same setup, so I don't know why Ford would change that... I mean there shouldn't be that much voltage hanging around sensitive components in the ECU anyway right?

Click image for larger version

Name:	79233G20L.GIF
Views:	1
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	1242879

What generation/year is the Festivia?
    Last edited by Cloud_Strife; 10-13-2016, 09:50 AM.
    1991 Protege LX 5MT, P/S, A/C, NOW Sun Roof!

Comment

nah dude, they're talking about the plug on the disty itself
      sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
      92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Oh, lol. Well, that's a group of wires not just one Still does he mean 1 of the 4 in the wiring loom? Still a confusing weird question

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud_Strife View Post
          Oh, lol. Well, that's a group of wires not just one Still does he mean 1 of the 4 in the wiring loom? Still a confusing weird question
          Hey sorry for the confusion! Lol yeah I ment the connecter wires, where does each one go to?

Comment

Lol no worries, is this what your looking for?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	246.1 KB
ID:	1242880

I think in layman's terms it's getting info from the ECU and Main Relay telling it what to do, like the ECU telling it when to send spark, and the Main telling it to start sending spark as the injectors are running?

Atomic can tell you better. He's like kinda smart
            Last edited by Cloud_Strife; 10-13-2016, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Lol no worries, is this what your looking for?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68804[/ATTACH]

I think in layman's terms it's getting info from the ECU and Main Relay telling it what to do, like the ECU telling it when to send spark, and the Main telling it to start sending spark as the injectors are running?

Atomic can tell you better. He's like kinda smart
              Haha thanks for that info!! The colors on my plug are different, I'm trying to find what is the signal wire because I'm trying to diag why my launch control doesn't work on my stratified ecu, also tried installing an msd 6al2 but cant get the car to start with it in. I know I have a optical sensor in my distributor. Also where is the ignition module? Thanks

Comment

Yo cloud you got a super secret dl link for that pdf?

Also to try and help I found a pic of the ignition module. Festiva

Mazda bottom right.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Pox; 10-13-2016, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pox View Post
                  Yo cloud you got a super secret dl link for that pdf?

Also to try and help I found a pic of the ignition module. Festiva

Mazda bottom right.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                  Cool! Thanks for the pics, now I need to fin out what the wires go to from that module? Has anyone ever installed a msd 6al2 on this engine with the optical sensor distributor?

Comment

Lol no secret, I forget where I got it from, but clicky here.

Comment

Lol no secret, I forget where I got it from, but clicky here.
                      1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
                      1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
                      2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
                      1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

Bump! Anybody ever install a msd on a Mazda bp with the optical dizzy?

Comment

yes, many people have done it. theres nothing special to worry about for the installation - altho i don't recommend a MSD coil (at least not a MSD blaster coil) OEM is well sufficient enough into the mid 300's
                          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                            yes, many people have done it. theres nothing special to worry about for the installation - altho i don't recommend a MSD coil (at least not a MSD blaster coil) OEM is well sufficient enough into the mid 300's
                            cool! could you explain to me exactly how to install it, cause i followed mostly ever instrution installation in the msd manual and my car still doesnt start, I did test the box if spark is working and it is, also could the msd blaster coil be the problem? the car starts fine with the stratified standalone but my launch control doesnt work on it. thanks for the help!

Comment

this is no longer a thread for the BG engine/drivetrain section. please start a new thread in the Engine Management & Proper tuning section
                              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                              X