Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GT-R wiring loom in GTX

Hi.

I just bought a new engine wiring loom from a GTR. I thought it would fit straight into my gtx, and since i already have a GTR ecu, maf and injectors i thought that would be the best choice.

But when i tried to connect it to the car i got a problem. One of the connectors under the centre console (right behind the ecu) isn't the same on GTX and GTR. Does anyone know if there is possible to rewire one of the connectors so that it it will work, or do i need to change more wiring?

I tried to find out which wires that runs trough the connectors, but it's not so easy when i can't find a wiring diagram for GTX...

post a picture of each of the plugs so we know what your looking at
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Yes, of course. The one with 6 small and to big plugs is Gtr. The other one is the old wiring loom from the Gtx.
      Attached Files

Comment

how about a picture of the ecus plugs and the inside of the ecu at the ecu board
        Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
        "Who Dey"

Comment

is the GTX non-ABS?
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

I swear it Ryan...this site will make a comeback...long live CP!!
            91 GT- Li'l Bee (under construction)
            2013 Honda Accord V6 coupe - 14.7 sec. 1/4 mile

New Thread:
            Wilyb's 91 Pro GT Rebuild: Li'l B: http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...Rebuild-Li-l-B

Old Threads:

WilyB's 93 GT rebuild worklog : http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...-93-GT-rebuild
            My FE3 worklog thread:http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...ighlight=wilyb

sigpic

Comment

The gtx does not have ABS now, but its possible that it was delivered with it when it was new. is there a way i can figure that out?

i have a wiring diagram for Gtr (1992_GTR_supp), but i cant find anything for Gtx.. Does anyone here have it? Need a diagram that shows connectors like the one for Gtr.

Comment

since i don't recall ever seeing a harness with the white plug being wired as such (GTR loom) my best advice is to strip it down to just the wires and trace where the big Green & Green/red wires go to. there are some wires that undoubtedly go to the black plug that would probably go to the white plug if it were a GTX, pin swapping is likely in your future.
                Why again are you swapping the wiring harness? you can run the GTR motor /ecu/VAF on the GTX ecu. i would change the fuel injectors to NEW high impedance ones. the old GTR crap is long since been outdated.

Comment

Ferdi is still hosting various factory service manuals. Cool on him for that.

The gtxdigrams pdf might have what you're looking for.

DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Good resources right there!

Comment

The car had gtx harness, but it had alot of trouble. I've been troubleshooting for a long time, and wanted to try a new wiring loom. The wiring was really bad, and the only wiring i got my hands on was a Gtr. I tought it would fit right over, but clearly it dont..

Thanks for the wiring diagram! looks like it contains the connector i need to figure out.

Comment

Working...
                      X