Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's required to swap a KL engine into a Mazda 323F BG ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's required to swap a KL engine into a Mazda 323F BG ?

Hello,
    I m kind of new to the community and just wanted to ask how hard is it to swap a KL engine into a 323F Bg.
    I know the standard (almost) plug and play swap is a KF from the newer 323F, but how hard is it to swap a KL in there ?
    I know there are similar threads but I can't find anything specific so if anyone could inform me or point me to the right direction I would be grateful.
    Thanks
    ( The condition of the engine I'm considering swapping if anyone is interested : https://www.car.gr/parts/view/147429...-92-01-montelo )

This has been covered a lot for other BG variants. Is the 5-door is different somehow? an MX-3 donor really helps here in the US, but we never got the 323F or the KF. We did get the KJ though... Never seen that swapped into a BG. Or anything else. Hmmm.

Anyway, as far as I know if one K-series will fit all of them will. So it should be pretty close to the KF swap you seem to be familiar with. I think. I don't have any firsthand knowledge here, just what I've read and remembered over the years.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

It will be a pretty big project, the engine will drop in no problem with a smaller radiator and mounted further up front. Wiring is the issue, get a wiring book from your car and donor car and match up the wires to the fuses and relays. You basically combine the KL engine harness with your factory harness, and then you will need a tach adapter to read 6 cylinder instead of 4 cylinder.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ChillinZX; 09-10-2022, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X