No announcement yet.

what do you gain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

look guys you can make(read butcher) a mx6 exaust fit our cars. the lay out is amost the same, a cut here and a weld there, and voila an exaust that will meet most emission codes.
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

emissions.....it dont matter if u take off ur resonator and put on a straight through muffler. all they (smog tech) care about is the cat and the o2 sensor readings....(hc,co) soon it'll be NOX too in cali.

resonator and muffler aint got nothing to do with emissions.

Comment

Originally posted by 1ofdfew323
        BUT PLEASE JUST GET RID OF UR RESONATOR AND STOCK MUFFLER USE A 2" PIPING AND GET UR N1 JUST DONT REMOVE THE CAT NO MORE. IM A SMOG TECH STUDENT AND ALL THAT HC,CO AND GASES THATS GOING TO THE ATMOSPHERE AINT KOOL AT ALL...
        Thanks...
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
          look guys you can make(read butcher) a mx6 exaust fit our cars. the lay out is amost the same, a cut here and a weld there, and voila an exaust that will meet most emission codes.
          check the mx3 exhaust i thing is closer. brullen make a cat-back for the 4.
          2012 Kia rio
          2009 Nissan Frontier
          1997 chaparral 180LE

Comment

4-2-1 header, aftermarket larger diameter flex pipe (any solution mazda could sell you from the dealership brand new would kill your wallet, trust me) a high flow cat, 2 inch mandrel piping all the way back to free flowing muffler.. spelled out easily, thats a GREAT exhaust system, no need to **** with it, and if it's too loud, a 2 1/4 inch resonator will kill noise without harming your ponies much. how many of you have crawled under the car to actually look at the layout of the exhaust system anyway?? get a freakin jack, haynes manual, and a flashlight... learn what you're talking about. now as far as the flex pipe, i know a larger piece of flex fitted to a highflow cat should work fine, just at that bother, you're better off opening up with a header as well. anywho, good luck with your various exhaust setups... and the next person that asks about diameter is gonna send me packin'

peace

Comment

whoa deamon... relax. Look i agree with you 110% on your exaust setup stated above. but some people will deviate from the norm, or suggested. i know what exaust set up i want and i know the practiacaities of the build. but n00bs will ask questions. how about a UTFSF (use the ****ing search funtion) message. also 2" bend of a raduis of 2" or even 3" are like 25 bucks a bend for some people, that is over $150 for the bends alone. some people want the cheap way out that will yeild close results.
              When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
              Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
              Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
              So his engine he goosed
              With much too much boost,
              And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

what size again demon......?

just kidding. Thanks for your previous write up man. Dont go killing anyone yet.

Anyone have any questions go read his write up. Do a search. It should be a sticky if it isn't.
                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

don't get me wrong, i meant to say packing for the nut house

come to think of it, why doesn't jesse have a straight jacket yet for all the repeat questions he has to answer... anywho, we're all about the community, as dave may have said to a certain group of us, the result isn't individual members, it's the group as a whole that brings together such a wealth of information we can share here. i'm alway going to be willing to answer an exhaust question, not like i'd be any sort of authority, but i have a pretty good idea about what i'm talking about. i feed off of you guys most of the time, it's amazing how much you can learn in a week on this forum
                  peace bro

Comment

[i]the next person that asks about diameter is gonna send me packin'

peace [/B]
                    nobody asked about diameters. I wanted to know what setups people have and which yields the most in torque/hp so I can compare and save money instead of "experimenting" and end up spending more than I have to. a whole different subject from exhaust diameters and "pacesetter exhaust systems". Trust me, I know how and when to use the search feature.
                    If it bothers you that much then don't respond to them.
                    '93 protege DX 5 spd.

yo mammy

Comment

Originally posted by Tai Mai Shu
                      nobody asked about diameters. I wanted to know what setups people have and which yields the most in torque/hp so I can compare and save money instead of "experimenting" and end up spending more than I have to. a whole different subject from exhaust diameters and "pacesetter exhaust systems". Trust me, I know how and when to use the search feature.
                      If it bothers you that much then don't respond to them.
                      What's up with the attitude? does it ever end?
                      "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                      -93 MR2, 129 ES
                      ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                      Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                        What's up with the attitude? does it ever end?
                        came off a little too strong
                        '93 protege DX 5 spd.

yo mammy

Comment

just got my custom exhaust intalled a week ago...2" piping w/ magna flow 2 chamber muffler and 1 3/4 tip ( sleeper look ) removed the resonator too...

deep sound below 3,500 rpm but 3,500k up it gets loud. throaty sound like. but only when dumping the gas at 3,500 rpm.

about the speed i didn't really feel the diff. i just did it cuz mine is rusted n **** and plus its only $80 w/ free muffler.

Comment

Working...
                          X