Jumpy Tranny question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumpy Tranny question?

I have a 92' Protege DX that I aquired recently. Is the tranny's known to be really jumpy when shifting between gears on an automatic? It kinda suprised me.

I put an additive in the transfluid but it didn't seem to help. Is this car known for the tranny getting bad fast? whats the expected life of the tranny before you need to replace it? Thanks in advance.

Check your tranny mounts.
    Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
    you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

when i had my LX it was an auto and only had 140k miles and between 1st and 2nd the ****er jumped ALL over the place.....ony when up shifting to 2nd tho never down or to other gears.......strange.........oh well when i got my DX i took that auto tranny and threw it off a small bridge and watched it do nothing but bounce (i was so dissapointed)
      91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
      Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

Originally posted by RALLYBP_94
        Check your tranny mounts.
        I would love to if I knew how....well I guess i'll ask a shop to check it...just wondering if other people have problems with their tranny...ore if the 1st Gens were known for a un-smooth tranny.....

Comment

if by jumpy you mean they when it shifts its kinda rough, then my gf's dx was the same way/ the auto trannys are well known to have a slight jerk to them going between certin gears. it was one of the downpoints cited in car review magazines when the protege came out
          Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
            if by jumpy you mean they when it shifts its kinda rough, then my gf's dx was the same way/ the auto trannys are well known to have a slight jerk to them going between certin gears. it was one of the downpoints cited in car review magazines when the protege came out
            Yea thats exactly what I mean...so its normal then? How long do these trannys last?

Comment

it matters how u drive it. ive rebuilt my tranny four times now in the past 2 years i had the car. but i've also rebuilt the motor that many times too.
              i is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaiiannights
                Yea thats exactly what I mean...so its normal then? How long do these trannys last?
                my gf's car is still around, she sold it to a friend. it has 190k miles on it now i believe and its still ok
                Serenity's Dead.

Comment

my LX had148k on it and the tranny was working good just jerkey as hell between 1st and 2nd
                  91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.