Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gro Harlem
    time to change the plugs
    Yea I just picked up a new set and need to install them...but if I don't know whats making them fouled its just going to happen again. Since its fouled (wet) i'm assuming the fuel/air mixture is too rich?

The guy at the shop suggested using a hotter plug so it burns off more of the excess oil...he says I probally have an oil leak or a broken seal/gasket somewhere.....dammit....mo money on this dam beast that only cost me $200 dammit

Comment

Mmmm, but isn't fixing these old beaters fun? As you learn more and more though, you'll be able to apply it to other cars though, that's the good part. Your Protege5 won't stay new forever.
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by charles
        Mmmm, but isn't fixing these old beaters fun? As you learn more and more though, you'll be able to apply it to other cars though, that's the good part. Your Protege5 won't stay new forever.
        True, true, I am having a blast fixing up theat ol' beater and actualy for the price I paid it runs very good and the only thing thats really wrong is it needs a new coat of paint. Oh and I don't plan to ever drive my Pro5 again so it will stay new forever..hahah....j/k..... which is another reason I got the beater. I'll polish my Pro5 and take it out only on nice days, then i'll drive the **** out of my 1st gen.....

i'm really happy with my 1st gen too.... I might even pay money to have the little baby repainted....

Comment

Originally posted by charles
          fun my ass! .. have you ever been in a gas station and shut the car off and then try and restart it and it just goes ehhehehehehheehehhehehe and just won't catch and then you have like 10 people stand up and frigin just watch you try to start the frigin car.

uhhh yeah that's fun.

And Wil, it is not the sparkplugs. I have new plugs (2 sets) it still does it.
          I managed to tune it out a bit though last night. I have it so that it will catch on 1 turn but I just have to blip the throttle to rev the motor up. I have to keep tuning that damn idle screw so I can get this **** straight.
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
          X