Throw Out Bearing Q'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throw Out Bearing Q'

I Just ordered a Centerforce clutch and Pressure Plate from nopi.com but i forgot to order the Throw Out Bearing. Do I really need the Centerforce one, or can I use my stock bearing.?
    Thanks !
    Last edited by RALLYBP_94; 04-26-2004, 05:18 PM.
    Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
    you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

if you have an automatic you dont have a throw out bearing, you have a torque converter.

you'll need to order one. did you remember to order a pilot bearing and a pressure plate?
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

KNOWN TO WORK FOR G-SERIES TRANSMISSION, F-SERIES POSSIBLE, UNKNOWN
      F801-11-303 PILOT BEARING
      FE84-16-510 CLUTCH RELEASE COLLAR AKA THROW-OUT BEARING
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

I thought clutch kits come with a throwout bearing....

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
          if you have an automatic you dont have a throw out bearing, you have a torque converter.

you'll need to order one. did you remember to order a pilot bearing and a pressure plate?
          Uhh.. If I ordered a Centerforce clutch and a Pressure plate, then i guess that means I obiously have a manual tranny, Now. Remember me ? Im the guy thats doing the auto to manual conversion.

What I meant was.. :shrug: I ordered a Centerforce clutch and Pressure plate... Do I also need the Centerforce Throw out bearing and pilot bearing, or can I use my stock throw out and pilot bearings(the ones that came with the tranny)

Comment

As long as they're working fine then yeah, I don't see a problem. I'd regrease them as long as you have the tranny out though.
            '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
            '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
            '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
            '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
            '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
            '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

sorry by reading your signature i though you were in the middle of a auto to manual conversion. you dont need center forces pilot bearing and TOB, one from pepboys would do just fine.
              Last edited by Protoss; 04-28-2004, 02:02 AM.
              When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
              Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
              Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
              So his engine he goosed
              With much too much boost,
              And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

i received my centerforce dual friction 2 days ago and noticed that the clutch disc is exedy. Is urs exedy too ? I know the press. plate is centerforce but not the disc.

To answer ur question... The centeforce clutch dont come with alignment tool and throwout bearing. Reason y is because the stock tool and bearing can be used on the centerforce kit.
                Do not use ur old throw out bearing just get a new one at the dealer or kragen for less than $30...
                Last edited by 1ofdfew323; 05-01-2004, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1ofdfew323
                  i received my centerforce dual friction 2 days ago and noticed that the clutch disc is exedy. Is urs exedy too ? I know the press. plate is centerforce but not the disc.

To answer ur question... The centeforce clutch dont come with alignment tool and throwout bearing. Reason y is because the stock tool and bearing can be used on the centerforce kit.
                  Do not use ur old throw out bearing just get a new one at the dealer or kragen for less than $30...
                  I dont' remember if mine is exedy.. and it's too late to look at it and to put a throw out bearing because i already put the tranny back in.. so..

Comment

I think it was said that Centerforce designs the clutches, but they send the designs to exedy... it was an arrangement like that. Just remember seeing that on here somewhere....
                    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

hey how the clutch feels? is it rough? how does it hold? pm me if u want...thx!

Comment

Working...
                      X