Alternator is gone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternator is gone...

My alternator went out last night at 6 so I went to autozone a bought a new one before I could go to work... I had to get one of my buddys to take me to work and I would nite shifts sweepin parking lots... I went in at 8pm and didnt get off intell 9am so im tried and I want to put the new damn alternator on so anyhelp would be good.... Here are some pics ,,, I took the two bolt from the top out how much more do I have to do....
    Ratrod

I see no pics????

If you removed the two bolts already, then it's a matter of sliding off the old alternator and putting the new one in. Make sure you tighten the belt pretty good once the alternator swap is complete.
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
    -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

OK it in and ready to go but i have a problem when I hit the gas a lil the belts squeal i check there tight tight... What is it now...
      Ratrod

Comment

maybe too tight?
        94 Protege DX. Custom Intake. Kartboy Short Shifter. Grant GT Steering wheel. Shift knob and boot. Autometer tachometer and air/fuel ratio gauge. Eibach Pro-Kit and Tokico ZX2 Struts. Fog lights. Assorted neon lights. Rebuilt motor.

Comment

Are you sure you tightened it enough?
          I usually put a crow bar inbetween then alt and engine mount and adjust the tension.

Or like others said it may be to tight.

I hope you checked the other belt also
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

damn bruse what took you so long lolol YOu always answer my question in no time and is always right ... ok ill go check the belt and losin them
            Ratrod

Comment

ok I just went out and started up my car again and the nosie went away
              and i drove it around the block and no noise now how will i know if the alternator is workin...
              Ratrod

Comment

start the car then turn it off then try again. if it starts then ur altenatoer works if it dosent start then it dont work
                Last edited by skr33t_rac3r; 05-06-2004, 10:04 PM.
                i is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
                  start the car then turn it off then try again. if it starts then ur altenatoer works if it dosent start then it dont work
                  You know your car can start if the altenator is not working, right. Only thing the battery will croak quicker.

There is a way to check to see if your altenator is charging correctly. I didn't read it in the FSM, but I know it is in the manual. You can also take the car to autozone and they can use a machine to test it.
                  photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
                    read the bold part bruce. i know a car can start w/o the altenater but most times not twice
                    i is dumb

Comment

everytime i turn on my ac and hit the gas my belt squeal real loud and it goes away now it squeal all the time I hit the gas with the ac on and if I havent started up my car in a day it squeals with no ac on too what the hell is that the belts look good... Im really gettin sick of that stupied ass noise....
                      Ratrod

Comment

i had the same problem but mine is more like w/ the headlites on and when i step on my brakes...So wut i did was adjust the belt tension. now its gone...

Comment

Working...
                        X