Clear All

Throw a dohc in and put a 50 shot in. With good tires u should be comp

Comment

umm, that'll get you into the 15s... he said he needs at least 14s
      "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
      -93 MR2, 129 ES
      ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
      Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

ah **** it throw a 100 shot in lol

Comment

pull one of his plug wires out before the race, replace it with a cardboard one
          Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Well I've done a little bit of research and have gotten a few prices of a few things.....all on e-bay buy it now.....

Garret T-3 Turbo-$100
            '90 T-bird Intercooler-$100 (Dimensions-12X8X3 think this would be a good intercooler?? It's off of a Supercharged T-bird.)
            BOV-$100
            RX-7 Walboro 255 LPH Fuel pump-$100
            RX-7 Injectors-$100 (460 cc)
            Apexi SAFC-$220

Pipeing-I should be able to get by with $100 if i weld it myself.
            Manifold-$90-$200 The $90 is from a guy that is just starting making headers and such on the side. $200 from a reputeable shop here in town.

The grand total comes out to $1,120. Is there anything that i'm forgetting and should add? My brother is allready wanting a time extension, and wants to raise the monetary limit also (haha).
            So anything that is unaccounted for here let me know so i can make sure how much I need to raise the money limit by.

Comment

Oh and also If i go with Miata or reground cams I would see more performance out of them after I turbo charge right? I am also comptemplating the RX-7 VAF swap more than 5 HP there also after turbo chargeing right????? Thanks alot guys your input is more than appreciated..

Then depending on how much we raise the money limit by i'll put on a 3" exhaust & high flow cat, I allready have 2.5 (waiting for the day i can finally put a snail on,) so that should be good if i can't fit it into the budget. Unless you can think of other things that would benefit me more.

Comment

a) you still haven't accounted for getting it tuned, you don't just put the parts on and it goes, what's controling your fuel and timing maps?

b) cams WOULD help

c) the stock VAF is fine with a turbo motor, because of the pressure difference
                -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Wouldn't the Apexi SAFC control the fuel & timing maps?
                  What else would i need then. Wouldn't I also be able to tune it with the Apexi SAFC? I know some people here that could help me with tuning it I'll just have to see how much they would charge me.

So even if i get the reground cams from Mike323 i would see more than a 10 hp increase in the upper RPM range correct?

Comment

i mean lets face it, you dont want to half ass it just to win a race, also are you going to run any gauges?? ie: boost.
                    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                    225.94wtq
                    torque monster!!!!
                    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
                      i mean lets face it, you dont want to half ass it just to win a race, also are you going to run any gauges?? ie: boost.
                      yeah...winning a race and living to tell are very important

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO

I disagree.

Although it would be better if you were to do everything right the first time, time and money constraints come into play here. I say, do what you need to do to win the race, and after that, fix everything up to be more permanent. I will say, though, that you should not do anything that is blatantly unsafe (200 shot).
                        ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

yeah well i mean why half ass it and risk blowing your **** up, its not worth it. you'll be kicking yourself in the ass when your **** boost spikes to 20 psi and blows your motor.
                          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                          225.94wtq
                          torque monster!!!!
                          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

or u die...be safe, do it right

Comment

Well thats what i'm trying to figure out: how to run it right....
                              what else exactly would be better for me to do?

Full engine management or what you guys keep on telling me to not half-ass-it....What do I need to do to not "half-ass-it"??

I appreciate the input guys

Comment

Why isn't a 150 shot safe?

Proper use (stepper or progressive system), Proper fuel, proper timing control, proper drivetrain mods (clutch)

The motor will hold it....
                                -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Working...
                                X